Looking for something to shoot? Find challenges and assignments here.
Nice day today so I headed out to Brydon Lagoon in Langley and got 2 additions to the list plus a half addition there.

ImageLincoln's Sparrow by Jewill on Flickr

ImageHouse Sparrow (Male & Female) by Jewill on Flickr

GMcD2008 posted the Male Lesser Scaup, so here's a Female (the half addition :))
ImageLesser Scaup (Female) by Jewill on Flickr

And then, back home on the patio, finally one of the Pileated Woodpeckers made an appearance! I hear them all the time, both vocalizing and drumming, but rarely see them anymore (ever since the city cut down their nesting tree a few years ago). Another addition for the list.

ImagePileated Woodpecker (Female) by Jewill on Flickr
Where'd everybody go? Oh well, I'll just talk to myself (I do it all the time anyway).
I was at Brydon Lagoon again this morning and came away with these 2 additions:

Not in his usual location but closer to the path that goes around the lagoon. He was also in with a lot of Golden-crowned Sparrows so was, at times, a little hard to pick out.

ImageWhite-throated Sparrow by Jewill on Flickr

1st of the year (for me) Yellow-rumped Warbler. It's not the best pic because he was quite far off, but I thought I'd better grab it while I had the chance.

ImageYellow-rumped Warbler (Audubon's - Male) by Jewill on Flickr
Good additions Jewill. Not hiding, just ran out of local birds in my neighbourhood right now, plus battling one of the viruses making the rounds, and "life stuff" that takes up time. The Yellow Rumped Warbler is a great sign, I should keep my eyes open for the rest of the spring warbler migration.
Some good bird-walk weather coming up. I went out to the West Dyke in Richmond this morning to see if the Say's Phoebe was still hanging out as noted in the Bird reports from the last couple of days. Alas, no Phoebe for me today, however I did find a bird that hasn't made the list yet: an invasive species, but still counts - Eurasian Collared Dove.
ImageEurasian Collared Dove by GMcD2008, on Flickr
Goodness! I go away for 6 weeks and y'all load up the pages ... so many great images ... love all the pictures. It's really nice work, everyone!
Sorry, Judy, for leaving you hanging this month. I, like GMcD, got busy with miscellaneous other things. haha. However, I was able to get out this morning and found a couple of birds to add to our list
(which I will update immediately following this ...)
Here is a Ring-necked Pheasant I saw while driving over towards Roberts Lake in Kelowna.

I saw several varieties of ducks on different ponds, but most of them have already been posted! However, here is a Redhead (male/female) (for you Judy!)

Finally, here's a pair of Californial Quail (male/female) from the House. I didn't think we had the pair yet ...

Enjoy!
James
No problem James...I was just starting to get a little concerned when it seemed that everyone had gone into hibernation or something :lol:.
I went out to Piper Spit at Burnaby Lake Regional Park and got 1 new addition for the list - a Sandhill Crane. There were 2 of them, and I'm assuming they are the local breeding pair who have been around for quite some time, but I couldn't get a good pic of them together.
ImageSandhill Crane by Jewill on Flickr

I also have a few "half" additions - either the male or female to complete what has already been posted ("yes" I still try to get both in the same shot James).

1st - a Male Brown-headed Cowbird.
ImageBrown-headed Cowbird (Male) by Jewill on Flickr

2nd - a Female Greater Scaup
ImageGreater Scaup (Female) by Jewill on Flickr

And finally - a Male Pileated Woodpecker
ImagePileated Woodpecker (Male) by Jewill on Flickr

Spring migration is upon us so I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's pictures of the beautiful warblers and other seasonal visitors. I'll try to get some in too!
The Mountain Bluebirds are travelling through the Island. This photo was taken yesterday at Nanaimo River Estuary, where there were about 10 of them. The Greater White-Fronted Geese flew over Quennell Lake while I was trying to get a decent picture of a flying swallow. I've never seen more than 2 or 3 GWFG together before.
ImageMountain Bluebird by Bill Gyles, on Flickr

ImageGreater White-Fronted Geese by Bill Gyles, on Flickr

The nice bonus for the afternoon was as I was walk[…]