This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
By MDB8
I recall a few years ago while wandering on the mudflats at Boundary Bay when I was startled by an eruption of 20 or so Shorebirds from my feet. There were many small clumps of plants at that location and they had been sitting there and I hadn't noticed them. In fact, after watching them fly off, I took a few more steps and the same thing happened a second time. About 20 birds on each occasion. So I stopped and looked more carefully. There were still birds there, perhaps as many as 50 more were still sitting still, watching me. I took some photos of them and posted a few at that time, then wandered off leaving them to continue resting.

On Tuesday I wandered out there again, but with a more experienced eye. From the dyke, many clumps of seaweed may appear lifeless wrt animals, but in fact are well populated. Some of the birds would even be difficult to see with a scope as their feather patterns are very similar to the plants.

For example, first a very crowded clump, followed by more relaxed sedate clumps.

Most, if not all, are Western Sandpipers.

The nice bonus for the afternoon was as I was walk[…]