Looking for something to shoot? Find challenges and assignments here.
I ventured out to Brydon Lagoon late this afternoon - not that many birds around but I did come away with this. It's the first time I've seen Greater White-fronted Geese at Brydon (there were 4 in total) all of them either fully asleep (with their head tucked under their wing) or, like this guy, half way asleep - after dinner nap no doubt. :)

ImageGreater White-fronted Goose by Jewill on Flickr
From today - sorry about the ugly wire but that's where the bird wanted to be. I think this is a female because of the short tail and virtually no streamers.

ImageBarn Swallow (Female) by Jewill on Flickr
Great additions everyone! Glad to see you out in full force, Ian! Beautiful photos ... everyone else too!
I've got a couple of adds ...
Our friendly neighborhood California Quail are still here in force! Still trying to get a good Male / Female photo, Judy.

The rest are also from the yard here in Kelowna. First, a White-Crowned Sparrow ... don't think we have this one? When they show up, I know that Spring has finally arrived!

We saw this Bullock's Oriole in the neighbor's tree (eating some kind of worm that wraps itself in leaves).

I know we have one of these already, but here's a Pine Siskin at my feeder (which I have now taken down due to the Bird Flu). Frowny face.

Keep up the awesome work, everyone! (I'll update the list)
Happy "doing stuff with birds!"
James
2024 Photo Challenge - All BC Birds!

We are currently at 115 birds! Wow. Excellent wo[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]