This area is for general discussion on Birds and Birding.
By oldisnew45
ok folks I need some help again.
I need to upgrade my binoculars on a budget.
I once had a pair of Zeiss 7x35 I believe. Unfortunately I sold them (something I still feel regret from)
I want to watch fast moving songbirds. up close.
I have a pair of canon 12x36 IS which are good for gulls and eagles but im missing out on so many song birds I can't any longer.
I am not able to afford $1500 optics again and to avoid being overwhelmed can anyone recommend
a budget friendly brand? like under $300.. if im living in a make believe world please be blunt. I am aware of my limitations and can take it like a (wo)man :D
Thanks!!
By oldisnew45
I don't know how to edit posts but I just realized my error
I had Leica 8x42
they were beyond perfect. I can feel them in my hands if I close my eyes.. the ease of focus..oh my lord.
so I need as close to perfect as 300 $ will buy :)
By zwest
I quite like my Vortex Diamondback 8x42… they’ve unfortunately gone up by $100 since I bought mine a few years ago, but it’s still close to your target price.

Cheers
By Hawkman1234
Yes Vortex or Nikon.Got a nice pair of Nikon Prostaff 10x 42 on Amazon recently $129.00.Very pleased.8x42 10 bucks cheaper.👍😊
By oldisnew45
Hawkman1234 wrote: Jun 07 2:34 pm Yes Vortex or Nikon.Got a nice pair of Nikon Prostaff 10x 42 on Amazon recently $129.00.Very pleased.8x42 10 bucks cheaper.👍😊
I bought the Nikon 8x42 for $119.00 at London Drugs.
I am so grateful for the recommendation . Being able to watch my little feathered neighbours helps me stay grounded and to spend a resonable amount is even better
Thank you
and thanks to Nikon for thinking of the little people
Is this some kind of thrush?

Thx!!

Anna's fantail

Anna's Hummingbird captured in an Oak Bay alleyway[…]

2024 Photo Challenge - All BC Birds!

Great adds, everyone! I was able to capture a few[…]

My first post!

A Song Sparrow (singing?) taken at Willows Beach V[…]