This forum is for asking questions and providing answers on bird identification. New and visiting birders are encouraged to ask and participate.
This morning I noticed a large bird nest across the road from the Colony Farm Park entrance on Lougheed Hwy as I walked around the park. It is quite high up, quite large but not as big as an eagles nest. I spotted what I thought was some kind of hawk landing in it. I think I saw some white and some brown as the bird flew in. It happen so fast I was not able to get my binoculars up in time. When I walked further down to the road and looked up I was sure I saw a head popping up every so often. I watched for a while but nobody left the nest.
Any idea what kind bird has it's nest there?
I was there in February and I remember seeing 2 red-tails across the highway from the entrance. I don't know anything about the nest, but the way you are describing things, that sounds most likely.
I was at Colony Farm today also and the first thing I heard was the scream of a red- tail hawk. There were a pair of hawks and I think one was trying to drive the other away. Unfortunately they got behind some trees and I was not able to see what happened. But it sounds from the various reports that the nest does belong to red tail hawks. For me that was the only interesting thing I saw.

While on the patio this afternoon, this guy flitte[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

Update for 9 May 2024 ... we are at 158 birds! Woo[…]