This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
By MDB8
From Burnaby Lake this morning (24th).

I noticed a large number of female RW Blackbirds in the reeds. Seemed to be significantly more females than males. If you look at them, they do have some nice orange colouring. Wonder if the Rusty Blackbirds will migrate through the lake as they did in the Fall, heading south?

For entertainment, a Crow decided to chase the small flock of LB Dowitchers. It flew after them for about 5 minutes non-stop. The Dowitchers couldn't land anywhere. Finally, the Crow seemed to tire of its game and flew off, letting the Dowitchers find refuge near some parked Mallards.

Later I noticed a Crow swoop down on a Swallow's nesting box, chasing off the Tree Swallow that had been sitting on it. However, the Swallow retaliated and dove down on the Crow a few times, causing it to lower its head and flinch. This time the Crow flew off.

Still no Cliff Swallows or NRW Swallows such as I saw last year.

But I watched a VG Swallow do some grooming and display some nice violet colours.

By Crysser
Sounds like you had a great time, that must have been entertaining to watch that crow stirring things up :P And nice photos! Great job capturing the iridescence on the swallow! And I think female Red-winged Blackbirds can be nice-looking birds in their own right.
Is this some kind of thrush?

Thx!!

Anna's fantail

Anna's Hummingbird captured in an Oak Bay alleyway[…]

2024 Photo Challenge - All BC Birds!

Great adds, everyone! I was able to capture a few[…]

My first post!

A Song Sparrow (singing?) taken at Willows Beach V[…]