This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
By MDB8
When I clicked on the link, I saw a blank page with a muted heading.

I lowered my security setting level, but nothing changed in my view.

So I don't know what it's about, but suspect it has to do with the Washington State program to save Spotted Owls???

I read an article previously that Barred Owls were supplanting Spotted Owls in the Northwest and that a cull of the Barred Owls was being considered to address this problem.

The Barred Owls were seen to be slightly larger, more aggressive and have a much more varied diet. I think they even eat fruit occasionally. Fish too. That is, the Barred Owls seem to be evolutionarily more fit.

Is this a different cull?
By tdadswell
Oh yes, sorry I didn't post any information in the post concerning what this was. It is the petition to stop the Barred Owl Cull happening from the government to try to protect the Spotted Owl from extinction. I'm finding the link works fine in Firefox and in Safari but I don't have IE or Chrome so I can't try it there. I'm wondering if it is your browser or something set inside your browser that is keeping it from displaying. It could also be your firewall (software or hardware) too. Software - being inside Windows, hardware - being inside your router. One other thing it could be is your Antivirus software to.

While on the patio this afternoon, this guy flitte[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

Update for 9 May 2024 ... we are at 158 birds! Woo[…]

Thank you to all who came out to support OWL at ou[…]