This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
Was out in a local forest the other day when I came across this nest, almost the size of a football, so definitely not a Bushtit, much heavier build too any ideas?

Sure been enjoying my recent move over the malahat, lots of birds and much quieter, my early reservations of leaving my many birding spots have definitely been erased. Here's some pics from the last month.

Common Yellowthroat

MacGillivray's Warbler

Western Screech owl

Wild Turkey?

red-breasted sapsucker

Black-headed Grosbeak

Townsend's Warbler

Hairy Woodpecker

cassin's vireo

yellow warbler

Western tanager

Great set! I agree with Nick that it's difficult to pick out just one favourite, but I especially like the Townsends, the Yellow Warbler and the woodpeckers!

Glad you're enjoying your new environs! :D
Thanks for all the comments, I was quite surprised about the Wild Turkey as well, I almost didn't take the photos thinking it was just someones pet (which it could be) but then read how they can still be found in the Duncan area, after being released here for hunting many years ago. I returned to the nest too if anyone is interested it is a Pacific Wren nest. Thanks Keith I sure do like being over the Malahat, nothing beats having, Western Tanager, Black-headed grosbeaks, Townsend's Warbler and Band-tailed pigeons in your back yard, 43 species in two months in my backyard, needless to say the blind is set up :)
Is this some kind of thrush?

Thx!!

Anna's fantail

Anna's Hummingbird captured in an Oak Bay alleyway[…]

2024 Photo Challenge - All BC Birds!

Great adds, everyone! I was able to capture a few[…]

My first post!

A Song Sparrow (singing?) taken at Willows Beach V[…]