This forum is for asking questions and providing answers on bird identification. New and visiting birders are encouraged to ask and participate.
Having trouble identifying this one.

Please see the pic below:

Thanks,

David
RainshadowCoast wrote:Having trouble identifying this one.

Please see the pic below:

Thanks,

David
Where did you find the feather,looks like imm.GBH but need more info on where you found it..

Thanks,Lee
Hey, you guys are good! I went back to my friend who gave me the feather. Originally she said she found it on Vancouver Island. The she clarified that it was on Denman Island. Did a quick net search and sure enough there is an Emu farm on Denman Island. Compared it to Emu feathers on google images and sure looks like a match.

While searching for that I found this Blackie the Emu video with about a hlaf million views. Hilarious.

Thanks for the help!

RainshadowCoast wrote:Hey, you guys are good! I went back to my friend who gave me the feather. Originally she said she found it on Vancouver Island. The she clarified that it was on Denman Island. Did a quick net search and sure enough there is an Emu farm on Denman Island. Compared it to Emu feathers on google images and sure looks like a match.

While searching for that I found this Blackie the Emu video with about a hlaf million views. Hilarious.

Thanks for the help!

You are very welcome...Good post..

Lee

Nice to see the Savannah Sparrows back flitting am[…]