This forum is for asking questions and providing answers on bird identification. New and visiting birders are encouraged to ask and participate.
By codarabbit
I stopped in at noon to have a look around Reifel today. I had the place to virtually to myself. Working clockwise around the perimeter I scanned the Dowitchers and Greater Yellowlegs finding a Pectoral Sandpiper but did not see the Sharp Tailed Sandpiper today. There were however some good birds along the way. Along the outer dyke was a Northern Shrike, a Rough Legged Hawk, an American Bittern and 8 Western Meadowlark which broke into song as the rain stopped for a few minutes. There were also 2 Hermit Thrush along the trail way on the east side about mid-way. While pishing for Sparrows a Snipe flushed as well.
I made a few other stops before heading home, turning up a Kestrel and 2 Caspian Tern at the south dyke at the base of the Coal port Jetty.
Good Birding, Rob Lyske, North Van
By hawker
Hey Rob!

So that explains what we saw in the group of Dowitchers in the POURING rain! I was so hoping for the Sharp, but alas, still a good bird. I saw the Hermits as well, very different experience for me to see them today! You and I must have been there at exactly the same time or just after each other. I would have loved to see the bittern, sad I missed him!

Here is a Cedar Waxwing from a few weeks back at B[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]