This forum is for asking questions and providing answers on bird identification. New and visiting birders are encouraged to ask and participate.
By DMAC
Greetings! Saw this guy the other day at Brydon Lagoon in Langley. The Wing bars make me think it is an immature goldfinch but the coloration looks off. New to this so might be way off. Thoughts?

ImageDSC_2243 by Daryl Mcmillan, on Flickr
Last edited by DMAC on Aug 12 11:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By DMAC
I swear I read the instructions for using google photo's and don't think I did anything differently this but but it seems to work now.
By jewill
No, I still can't see it on the iPad so I dusted off my old Windows desktop and still no luck!
I hear downloading photos from Google is very tricky; Imgur is supposed to be easier but I can't really say since I don't use either.
By DMAC
I moved it over to Flickr. Hopefully it works now. The strange thing was I checked it on another computer and I was able to see the image there initially. C'est la vie!
By jewill
There it is! And “yes” to immature Goldfinch.
If you were able to see the pic I wonder if the privacy settings had something to do with it?
By DMAC
Thanks Judy! Not sure about the privacy settings. I tried it o n another computer and the picture came up fine but when you indicated you couldn't see it, I checked again the next day and I couldn't see it either. I'm going to stick with Flickr. Thanks for your help!

Nice to see the Savannah Sparrows back flitting am[…]

I was in Mexico last month and saw some new things[…]