This forum is for asking questions and providing answers on bird identification. New and visiting birders are encouraged to ask and participate.
By Sozo
Howdy all, cool forum!
Thank you for any help, I am usually able to identify birds through research however this one I can’t find.
I was in the BC interior this summer north of Kamloops. I feed whatever birds are around, mostly White crowned sparrows, dark eyed junco’s, Cananda Jays and Stellers jays. There are too many predator birds to have a large showing at the feeders but you get some. I did twice see a Cooper’s hawk nab a junco.
This guy in the video came only once, in October. He chased the chippy’s about for a bit and left.
He looks vaguely corvidae, but I can’t find his species online! Lol.
Thanks again for any help!
Sozo

Edit: In case anyone wants to see it, earlier in the summer while fishing I was watching a mother and young bald eagle. The young was trying to grab a fish off the water for a while until Mumma got tired of waiting and took over, neat.

Ahhh heh thank you I see now, that one was boggling my mind!
He did actually chase the chippy’s for quite a bit longer than that small clip, had me laughing. I thought he was just playing but I could also tell that he looked a little predator-bird-ish lol. Perhaps he was playing but hopeful for desert at the end hah.
Thanks gents, I am glad you liked the vids!

Nice to see the Savannah Sparrows back flitting am[…]

I was in Mexico last month and saw some new things[…]