This area is for general discussion on Birds and Birding.
Assuming you have a Flickr account and have uploaded some photos................

1- log into your account

2- Select the shot you want to upload. Click it so it appears all by itself without any other pictures.

3- Once the shot shows you will see some symbols in the bottom right of the black portion of your screen. You want to click on the fat arrow that points to the right.

4 - A white box will pop up with a few options. Select BBCode

5 - Your code will be hilited in Blue. Below that you will see a box representing the size you want to post. Make your selection. ( I upload my shots to forums at 1000 pixels wide so that's the way I upload to Flickr. Because of that I choose " Original ".)

6 - Copy the blue code by using the right click option with your mouse.

7 - Paste the code into box where you're typing your comments in the forum.

8 - Submit your post as usual.

By pasting the entire code it will allow the viewer to click on some text below your post that will take them direct to your Flickr page. If you don't want that to happen just remove everything that starts and ends with [url].

Done like dinner............
it is also a sticky on the General Discussion forum
viewforum.php?f=10

after I get the BBCode I paste it in my post then delete everything before [img]an%20after%20the%20second[/img] which only posts the image.

this is a typical Flickr BBCode I get
....[img]https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1702/236 ... f895_k.jpg[/img]mallard - male landing on Okanagan Lak by Conrad & Susan, on Flickr......

I only use this part.
{img}https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1702/236 ... k.jpg{/img}
[img] from above changed to {img} otherwise the image would show here.
SueCoastalObserver wrote:Thank you Guy,

I expect I spent close to an hour today messing around with this wanting to participate in the 3 favorites of the year thread. Finally I just said "forget it, I've had enough". I don't post too often and it seems like it has changed every time I go to post. Perhaps I'll give it a fresh start tomorrow.
It's easy Sue once you get used to it. Follow what I outlined and you'll be a pro in no thime. You have some very nice shots you can share.
cbaarch wrote:it is also a sticky on the General Discussion forum
viewforum.php?f=10
You might want to post the link to the actual thread. :wink:
cbaarch wrote: after I get the BBCode I paste it in my post then delete everything before [img]an%20after%20the%20second[/img] which only posts the image.
I think I said that only in a shortened manner. I didn't want to confuse the already confused. Flicker is very good at that as it is...........
I just wanted to mention...

You don't really need to worry about the size you upload because this site automatically resizes them according to it's standards. That said I always use " original ". You'll see where that is if you use the link.

Here is a Cedar Waxwing from a few weeks back at B[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]