This forum is for the listing of "Wanted" and "For sale" items that are related to birding and natural history.
Olympus13 wrote:Yah I agree Kameko Ideally the 1.4 TC would be the best route! But that wasn't on the bargaining table of lenses being sold, N yes Liron F5.6 is the top mark for AF function, even PRo bodies apparently have troubles at F8, its not ideal, but manual focus or no focus? I'll take MF! But yah I agree with you Logan Adorama and saved $$$ on the 400mm f5.6 is a good idea!

Honestly I got a 50-200mm f2.8-F.3.5 and in open good light with a 2TC at F7 it works pretty good as long as your not in the trees for Autofocus, it hunts though. Ahh I want a 300mm f 4 for Olympus lol, with there 1.4 Tc that way I'll get 840mm focal length f5.6 for auto focus and speed. Going to cost all my legs when it does come out! I'd second the idea of a 300mm + teleconverter. But I'd go with a 1.4x, not a 2x. The 300mm + 1.4TC will get you 420mm at 5.6.
Kameko wrote:There's also KEH for used gear. They do currently have the 400mm: https://www.keh.com/212195/canon-400mm- ... nt-lens-77
Thank you for that additional info, Robin and Kameko! :)
Jeremy Gatten wrote:Make sure that the company Adorama uses for shipping doesn't have outrageous brokerage fees. I know you would only be getting one item, but it can be quite substantial. Has somebody here ordered from Adorama that can provide any insights from their experience. It just sucks to have an extra cost that you weren't anticipating.

Good luck with your purchase, Logan! I know you and your mom will have an amazing time in Australia. It's definitely on my list of places of go at some point - so many cool birds and other wildlife there!

Jeremy Gatten
Saanichton, BC
Thank for those good wishes, Jeremy, and I know we're going to have an excellent time. When there's a Aussy pelagic booked, and plane tickets secured, how can one take a negative spin? :lol: Also thank you for the information about the Adorama site. I will keep that in mind when I am in a position to purchase it.

Take care, and hopefully you can make it Down Under in the future! By the way, how was your Narwhal count up in NU?

Logan
Good news, everyone! I just ordered a brand new Canon 400mm f/5.6 lens through a great London Drugs deal on Thursday! It only cost me a hundred dollars more than if I paid for a used one. :P :D

Now this is where it gets weird. I ordered it on Thursday; the estimated time of arrival was seven days. Yesterday, I got a call from the local London Drugs saying, "It's here." What??!!! Six days early? It got here in ONE day?!! So, hi-tailing to London Drugs I went to pick it up, and right now I am reading the manual, very hyped up. :wink: :P :D :lol:

So, my lens worries are over, and I do indeed finally have the Canon 400 f/5.6 at long last. The drama is over folks - you can stop eating popcorn now! :lol: :mrgreen:

Logan
LoganLalonde wrote:Good news, everyone! I just ordered a brand new Canon 400mm f/5.6 lens through a great London Drugs deal on Thursday! It only cost me a hundred dollars more than if I paid for a used one. :P :D

Now this is where it gets weird. I ordered it on Thursday; the estimated time of arrival was seven days. Yesterday, I got a call from the local London Drugs saying, "It's here." What??!!! Six days early? It got here in ONE day?!! So, hi-tailing to London Drugs I went to pick it up, and right now I am reading the manual, very hyped up. :wink: :P :D :lol:

So, my lens worries are over, and I do indeed finally have the Canon 400 f/5.6 at long last. The drama is over folks - you can stop eating popcorn now! :lol: :mrgreen:

Logan
Congrats Logan, so happy for you! :D Use it well, I can't wait to see the fantastic photos I know you will take with it!
Thank you, Liron! I can't wait to shoot with it!!! Tomorrow, I'm heading down to twitch the Lesser Black-backed Gull in Penticton, so the commencing shot of the lens *could* hopefully be of a LBBG. :D

Have a great weekend, and thank you again. :)

Logan
Olympus13 wrote:whoa watch out world Logans got a 400mm prime. I hear these birds there that look like storks,etc brutally beat up some tourists in aus. Pretty sure I actually saw one of them on my bus ride when I was in Australia there blue I believe.
Hah hah! That's funny! Are you thinking of the Emus? :lol: Thanks, Robin! :)
Congratulations Logan very happy for you! Just remember there is a learning curve whenever you get new equipment, hopefully it is short for you. It is a very popular birding lens so you have a huge resource on the net and amongst your birding friends. I have no doubt you are going to have a lot of fun with this and I look forward to seeing your efforts as you learn your new lens.
Oh congrats Logan! That's where I got mine too, on a super deal as well. Can't wait to see how your pics are! I've been very happy with mine so far. Went up to Manning today and am about to take a look at the pics, so we'll see what today brought! Got a couple of lifers... maybe a Goshawk! Gotta go look now! :D
Birder2000 wrote:Hi Logan,

I bought mine off of eBay. I know it doesn't sound like the best place to buy but if you get it from someone with a good seller rating and there are photos of all parts of the product (glass and everything) then you should be fine. You can literally save more than $300 on this lens by buying off of eBay, and when it comes to the big 500mm and 600mm you can save thousands.
I bought my Nikon 500 f4 AFS-I used on ebay, a scary purchase (lots of bogus sellers, so look at feedback, seller rating etc.) but one i don't regret :)

Found a few more from around Delta... American Bi[…]

On to our third page ... 52 birds so far! Wow. Gr[…]

Live Cams

Here is a link to the race rocks webcams on the so[…]

Flame-faced Tanager (Ecuador)

Here's another colourful beauty from NW Ecuador. T[…]