Greater Victoria, Gulf Islands, Cowichan Valley, Nanaimo and Centrial Island, Port Alberni, Tofino, North Island
Thanks.. That's the second person who has told me that. Hawkman replied on the Bird ID Board.. I think the beak is wrong and closer to a Gray Jay.. But I'm old, blind and a novice.. So.. what do I know.

Owlet wrote:
May 12 10:43 am
Nice Common Yellowthroat! The mystery bird looks like a female Brown-headed Cowbird with the strong light making it look lighter colored than it actually is.
accordionboy wrote:Thanks.. That's the second person who has told me that. Hawkman replied on the Bird ID Board.. I think the beak is wrong and closer to a Gray Jay.. But I'm old, blind and a novice.. So.. what do I know.
I have to chuckle a little bit...I saw your post in the other forum last night and responded with female Brown-headed Cowbird but must have logged off without submitting it! So “welcome” to the old birders club! As owlet said, the sunlight is washing her out and perhaps the steep angle is making her beak appear somewhat smaller??
Just wait until you see your first juvenile Starling this spring! If you’re anything like me you will spend hours scanning birding sites online and various field guides absolutely convinced that you have some rare bird only to finally accept that it’s one of the most common birds in North America :P.
Keep on “playing” those birds, but please don’t shoot your accordian :lol:. And BTW, that is a very nice pic of a Common Yellowthroat - a difficult bird to photograph and you got him singing his heart out!
Thanks Judy.. I went to Swan Lake today and sorted it out.. Cowbird.. I wasn't out to prove anything really.. Just trying to stay on this side of senile! :wink:

jewill wrote:
May 12 6:09 pm
accordionboy wrote:Thanks.. That's the second person who has told me that. Hawkman replied on the Bird ID Board.. I think the beak is wrong and closer to a Gray Jay.. But I'm old, blind and a novice.. So.. what do I know.
I have to chuckle a little bit...I saw your post in the other forum last night and responded with female Brown-headed Cowbird but must have logged off without submitting it! So “welcome” to the old birders club! As owlet said, the sunlight is washing her out and perhaps the steep angle is making her beak appear somewhat smaller??
Just wait until you see your first juvenile Starling this spring! If you’re anything like me you will spend hours scanning birding sites online and various field guides absolutely convinced that you have some rare bird only to finally accept that it’s one of the most common birds in North America :P.
Keep on “playing” those birds, but please don’t shoot your accordian :lol:. And BTW, that is a very nice pic of a Common Yellowthroat - a difficult bird to photograph and you got him singing his heart out!
Nikon Monarch Fieldscope

For sale BNIB 20-60x60mm ED Please send email or […]

Type of Hawk

From all about birds.org The name "Rough-legg[…]

Hamerkop

Love the name of this bird - literally: "Hamm[…]

Honestly i dont blame people who loose faith in hu[…]