Greater Victoria, Gulf Islands, Cowichan Valley, Nanaimo and Centrial Island, Port Alberni, Tofino, North Island
By phainopepla6
I went out this morning to go birding, and found that spring is here. A ton of kinglets and lots of golden crowned sparrows. As for waterfowl and shorebirds, some 600 greater scaup with an additional 200 or so brant offshore. Hutton's vireos to. Two black bellied plovers, one nice breeding male, and a female, a dundlin, two black oystercatcher and a single black turnstone. But the best part was the 3 yellow rumped warblers, two brightly colored males, and a juvenile.

Happy spring
Adam
By BirdingBC
That's a good report! I was out today and noted singing ruby-crowned kinglets and singing pacific wren. Lovely songs that herald the arrival of spring.

Cheers and good birding,
By phainopepla6
Yes, the ruby crowned kinglet song is just beautiful, as for the yellow rumped warblers, I had 13 at Buttertubs marsh today along with many swallows.
Happy birding
Adam
By BirdingBC
Thirteen Yellow-rumped warblers is a good number. Rainy morning down here in Victoria yesterday and only got one YRWA at Swan Lake. Did not see any swallows, rain may have kept them perched somewhere. Many Ruby-crowns around the lake and the Sora popped out for us.

Kevin
By BirdingBC
There was a singing white-throated sparrow at Beckwith Pond this morning. Very cool to hear this bird.
By phainopepla6
3 yellow rumped warblers at Swan Lake this morning, I heard the sora at about 9:50, then an otter came and all hope was lost as it hunk out in the spot where the sora has been seen.
By phainopepla6
Another 4 yellow rumped warblers at Swan Lake in the rain today, and great views of the barred owl.
Will upload photo of warbler soon.
Id help

Cassin's Vireo have been spotted at a few location[…]

2021 BC Birding Video Challenge

Another type of gull [(GWGU) : I can not get it to[…]

Beautiful! I have been waiting for the hummingbir[…]