Cache Creek, Merrit, Kamloops, Salmon Arm, Vernon, Kelowna, Penticton, Osoyoos, Grand Forks
By skywatcher
We're thinking of driving to Manning Park for spring birding, but it's unclear to me when spring starts in the park. The park's visitor centre is closed until mid-June but some of the campgrounds are open May 11.

Is early May still winter along Highway 3 and at the Manning Park Resort? (I contacted the resort but the person who replied was not very helpful.) I realize the weather might be variable but I'd rather not drive through snow or walk slushy paths.

thanks for any guidance
skywatcher wrote:
Apr 25 10:29 am
We're thinking of driving to Manning Park for spring birding, but it's unclear to me when spring starts in the park. The park's visitor centre is closed until mid-June but some of the campgrounds are open May 11.

Is early May still winter along Highway 3 and at the Manning Park Resort? (I contacted the resort but the person who replied was not very helpful.) I realize the weather might be variable but I'd rather not drive through snow or walk slushy paths.

thanks for any guidance
Not sure if you've made your way over there yet ... I think both late April and Early May and higher elevation will still be a little slushy. I was at Apex in mid-May and it still had snow at elevation. I think now would still be good birding there.
Warbler ID please

Thank you, Judy, again. Yes, I thought it was dif[…]

Is this a warbler?

Thank you, Judy. Yeah, it is a tough one, I guess[…]

Yep, that'll do! :P Here is a Lapland Longsp[…]

Spotted at Whiffen Spit

Thanks very much for your help.