Revelstoke, Trail, Nelson, Kimberley, Cranbrook, Kootenays
By birdergirl
Day 1 in Creston and we got 110 species! We birded Leach Lake, Wilson and Kootenay River Rds and Duck Lake and we got some good birds including Forster's Terns (incredibly close views of them diving for fish and perched right by us), Black Terns, Bobolink, Gray Catbirds, Over 40 American White Pelicans, Wild Turkey with 7 Chicks, Clay-coloured Sparrow (and Lark Sparrow before Creston), Black-chinned and Calliope Hummingbirds, Eastern and Western Kingbirds, Veery, many Northern Waterthrushes, Bullock's Orioles, Tundra Swan, Lazuli Bunting, more Least Flycatchers than I've ever seen, Western Wood-Pewee, Pacific-Slope Flycatcher, Red-naped Sapsucker, Say's Phoebe, Vaux's Swifts, Yellow Warblers, Bank Swallow, BWTE and CITE, All 3 Vireos, Ruddy and Canvasbacks and lots of other ducks, Wilson's Phalaropes, Virginia Rail and Sora , a nice Swainson's Hawk and more!

Also, we had a Moose with 2 calves, black bear and elk. Was a beautiful day in a beautiful valley!

Tomorrow we bird the Wildlife Centre, Balancing Rock Trail and Reclamation Rd and hope for Yellow-Breasted Chat and other goodies maybe even a Rose-breasted Grosbeak ;).

Cheers,
Mel
Last edited by birdergirl on May 26 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Vince
It sounds like a fun trip Mel, I sure look forward to heading there this summer - lots of good photos especially the Eastern Kingbird!

Vince Knight

Wow, you are clever. it seemed very pink to me.

Bushtits came and went

As per usual, a cluster of bushtits arrived at my […]

Music for Birders

I recently purchased this CD by musician/birder St[…]

For Sale AF-S NIKKOR 600mm f/4E FL ED VR

Roy , I thought I had enough of carting around bi[…]