Greater Vancouver, Lower Fraser Valley, Chilliwack, Hope, Lytton, Whistler, Squamish, Powell River, Howe Sound
By Fancy
I found a Mourning Dove this evening in Southlands, along the river trail at the end of Celtic. I had seen two Eurasian Collared-doves less than an hour earlier, but I could quickly tell just seeing this bird in flight that it was smaller and slimmer. It perched for a bit, and I got a few photos, before it took off across McCleery Golf Course. I saw it again a bit later, in the same area, and it took off again in the same direction. Rather skittish, but I could hear its wings, letting me know it was there.

I also found a few Wilson's Warblers among the numerous (50+) Orange-crowned Warblers, both Myrtle and Audubon's Yellow-rumped Warblers, and a single Vaux's Swift. No other warbler species, vireos, tanagers, grosbeaks, etc.

ImageMODO record shot by BridgetSpencer13, on Flickr

Bridget (acting in as Mel as this one! :lol: )
By Fancy
Thanks Mel and Isaac! Quite elegant birds.

I didn't check the same area for the Mourning, but I couldn't see it elsewhere, either. Did have a Sharp-shinned Hawk, two Cooper's Hawks, and lots of warblers - a few Orange-crowned, a Wilson's or two, and plenty of Yellow-rumped, with the Myrtle outnumbering the Audubon's. Also had a possible Warbling Vireo, but it was scared off by the Sharpie.
As most of you know, I don't get to bird in the Vancouver area very much, and I've only seen Mourning Dove twice in the area - a pair at the Westham Island bridge, and a single bird at Colony Farm, both last summer.

Good birding!

Logan
By MarionTL
We had 2 pairs of mourning doves hanging around our Squamish back yard last year. Sadly, one of them was killed by a hawk. This year, we have not seen any mourning doves. But my husband has spotted a hawk or two in tall trees in our neighbourhood recently.

There's a tree near my house which always gets an […]

Banded purple finches?

I noticed at my feeder today that there was a fami[…]

I bought these last December with the intention of[…]

Here's another look at this spectacular species...[…]