Greater Vancouver, Lower Fraser Valley, Chilliwack, Hope, Lytton, Whistler, Squamish, Powell River, Howe Sound
By Owlfinder
Hello and I need help finding owls here in the lower mainland. I only got the short eared owl right now and could use some help. I really want to see the saw whet, but any is fine. Any suggestions ?
You just need to do more research online and you should be able to find the right habitat for owls.You won’t get any birders giving out owl locations on a public forum.
Depending on where you live you may find owls in your neighborhood. Parks, cemeteries, dikes with trees along side and hedge rows are all places owls inhabit. Could also do a owl prowl at night from dusk to dark by driving rural roads and stop and listen for "hoots" Horned and Barred owls.It's the nesting season so you will here the males hooting to attract the females back and forth..Good luck and do some research on finding owl habitats in your area..

Lee
Owlfinder wrote:
Mar 14 4:51 pm
Hello and I need help finding owls here in the lower mainland. I only got the short eared owl right now and could use some help. I really want to see the saw whet, but any is fine. Any suggestions ?
Hi Owlfinder. Send me an email (stumblingpiper at hotmail.com) and I can help you out (in the Okanagan).
Flame-faced Tanager (Ecuador)

Here's another colourful beauty from NW Ecuador. T[…]

Live Cams

Here is Hancock's Live Cams of Bald Eagle's In ou[…]

Thank you all for your advice. I have contacted eB[…]

Sorry, in Victoria