Looking for something to shoot? Find challenges and assignments here.
Nice work, Zach ... I have to update the list. I know you've already posted this one, but I finally was able to capture some shots of a Rufous Hummingbird on the feeder and in the yard. It only took me a year. haha.

He and the Mrs. have been showing up pretty regularly for about 4 days now ... competing with the Calliope and the Anna's ...
So many beautiful photos...I still need a Hutton's Vireo & a Townsend's Warbler, plus several others but at least there's a good chance of getting those two. I haven't even seen a Rufous Hummingbird this year! As for a Calliope, I doubt that I will ever see one of those; they are just too rare for the Lower Mainland (although there was a confirmed one a few years ago at Brydon Lagoon in Langley, but I missed it).
Speaking of Brydon I headed out there this morning. It's been especially good this year, with several uncommon species sighted. While the Green Heron has returned I did not locate him today (I will get you eventually!).

There was a pair of Ruddies but I could not get them together :roll:.
ImageRuddy Duck (Male - non-breeding) by Jewill on Flickr

ImageRuddy Duck (Female) by Jewill on Flickr

There's usually at least 1 of these guys hanging around and today was no exception.
ImagePied-billed Grebe by Jewill on Flickr

Keep 'em coming!
jewill wrote: May 04 3:55 pm So many beautiful photos...I still need a Hutton's Vireo & a Townsend's Warbler, plus several others but at least there's a good chance of getting those two. I haven't even seen a Rufous Hummingbird this year! As for a Calliope, I doubt that I will ever see one of those; they are just too rare for the Lower Mainland (although there was a confirmed one a few years ago at Brydon Lagoon in Langley, but I missed it).
Speaking of Brydon I headed out there this morning. It's been especially good this year, with several uncommon species sighted. While the Green Heron has returned I did not locate him today (I will get you eventually!).

Keep 'em coming!
Nice additions Judy! Green Herons are tough... I saw one last year at Deboville Slough and it vanished magically as I tried to take a picture.

One more for now, the Spotted Sandpiper:

zwest wrote: May 04 7:30 pm
Spooh12 wrote: May 04 12:52 pm https://www.flickr.com/gp/188263331@N05/5fQ781

I think this is a black chinned hummingbird. I’m new to the area and guessing.
That looks right to me! Nice shot! It looks like you have Rufous and Calliopes there too.
THose are great shots, Spooh12. Where in the Okanagan are you? I'll add that Black-chinned to our list for this year ... really like the Calliope and the Rufous too!
jewill wrote: May 04 3:55 pm So many beautiful photos...I still need a Hutton's Vireo & a Townsend's Warbler, plus several others but at least there's a good chance of getting those two. I haven't even seen a Rufous Hummingbird this year! As for a Calliope, I doubt that I will ever see one of those; they are just too rare for the Lower Mainland (although there was a confirmed one a few years ago at Brydon Lagoon in Langley, but I missed it).

Nice work, Judy! I saw a Pied-bill the other day but no camera. Glad you got one! James

Keep 'em coming!
Had a chance to do a little birding today ... both away and at home! lol. We saw four Turkey Vultures circling the house ... not sure what that meant. haha. Here's a shot of two of them ... better than my previous photo ...

Also, was at Chichester Park in Rutland today and saw this Dusky Flycatcher and this Cinnamon Teal.

Nice to see the Savannah Sparrows back flitting am[…]

I was in Mexico last month and saw some new things[…]