The forum is for information, questions and discussions about locations to go birding within British Columbia.
I've been kind of stuck with ideas of where I should go to photograph some birds. Mainly looking to get some shots of Hawks or other smaller raptors.

Preferably in the South Surrey, Delta, Tsawwassen area as I don't want to drive too far away from the home lol.

What drives me nuts is my commute between Richmond and White Rock I see hawks all the time on the lamp standards along the #99. Wish I could just pull over (safely) get out and take some photos.
There is a park along the 99 just past the annacis highway intersection with a lot of trails that go right along the highway. Its called Mud Bay Park I believe. The parking lot is near the railroad. This would give you a good look at all the hawks that hang out by the highway.

The bird sanctuary on Westham Island is the best place to see birds in my opinion. And the dyke trail along boundary bay can be good. Lots of northern harriers, eagles and owls.
Have you tried Elgin Park or Blackie Spit (access from the Crescent Beach Road) in South Surrey?

Or 72nd Street south of Highway 10 in Delta?
Perhaps you've not yet been to Brunswick Point (at the west end of River Road)
or Reifel Bird Sanctuary
or Boundary Bay,
but these are prime birding areas in the Ladner/Tsawwassen area.

Good luck!
Onyxdragun wrote:What drives me nuts is my commute between Richmond and White Rock I see hawks all the time on the lamp standards along the #99. Wish I could just pull over (safely) get out and take some photos.
I hear ya there. And there was RTH sitting on a fence post right as I was driving by on 91 to drop my wife off at Kwantlen Richmond. Yeah, pull of the street with a fake emergency and lights blinking and I'd probably get plowed into. :( Seen them all the time. Drives one crazy, huh? :D

Here is a Cedar Waxwing from a few weeks back at B[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]