This forum is for posting bird photos and for general discussions in the field of bird photography. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, you are encouraged to include a link to your personal bird photo galleries.
zwest wrote:
Oct 03 6:40 pm
Nice to virtually meet you James!

Wow, 1975! I've actually got a photo of myself and my sisters birding that year! :lol:

I was born in the Cariboo region of B.C. but did some time in the prairies as well (too cold). I came to Vancouver in '93 to study music at UBC, but eventually ended up in the software industry as a programmer/nerd which is what I'm doing now.

I actually 'discovered' birds only a couple of years ago when I was out photographing aircraft near YVR. I still enjoy both and rarely miss a local airshow... especially love the WW2 era planes. But birds are a truly year-round phenomenon and they keep me busy through the winter months!
hahaha. That's too funny! Excellent pic! That was definitely a nice thing about being in the AF ... I saw quite a few of the older aircraft as well as new. Oh, and I have two computer science degrees so I know about the software side. Now I make music for a hobby. 8)
zwest wrote:
Oct 05 3:45 pm
I was out at Iona Regional Park earlier today looking for the rare Brown Booby that has been seen for the last few weeks. No luck on that, but I did get to watch some Parasitic Jaegers:
Great! That Brown Booby would have been a nice add ... cool that someone saw it up there!
I haven't seen those Jaegers before ...

Thank you! It is coming to my yard regularly to fe[…]

Nikon Coolpix P900

Did you sell it? Susan, Saanich, BC

Sold.

Sold.