This forum is for posting bird photos and for general discussions in the field of bird photography. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, you are encouraged to include a link to your personal bird photo galleries.
zwest wrote:
Jun 23 3:59 pm
It's getting tougher!

This morning it was cool & cloudy which means... Swifts! Here is the long-awaited Black Swift:
You're not kidding! haha. It is getting tougher ... nice picture, though. Great add ... heading out this week early to see if I can add a couple of woodpeckers up at a higher elevation. Still looking for that better turkey picture. :mrgreen:
zwest wrote:
Jun 26 7:56 pm
And to complement Judy's nice shot of the Barn Owl, here is one from today (laughing at my jokes):
That is a great shot of that owl! Wow. It definitely looks like he/she is laughing away. I had a great outing yesterday but no new birds. I will try this week for some upper altitude birds (woodpeckers, etc) ... was a little under the weather last week ... and the weather was a little under too. haha.
zwest wrote:
Jul 04 8:28 pm
Not much left around here now that isn't already on the list... :lol:

But here is a Semipalmated Sandpiper from this evening at Boundary Bay:
Nice one! That's the problem I'm running into ... I have to forage farther afield now. haha. Haven't made it up to higher elevation like I wanted yet, but will in the next few days to see if I can add a few more ... Clark's Nutcracker would be nice ... three-toed, downy, and other woodpeckers. Saw a downy the other day but couldn't quite snap the photo in time.
Well ... we are at 232 birds! Wow! Way to go ...
I know I count as our upper limit 536 (as mentioned in Russell Canning's Book, Birdfinding in British Columbia), however I think a more realistic goal is 300 birds.

That will be stretching the limit unless someone is going for a birding big (photo) year and can contribute a few more to this blog! haha.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16391&p=89083#p89083
Hi,

I was tipped off to this thread by a visitor who stayed at my place in Nelson a couple of weeks back. As far as I can tell from the list, it looks like there are a few I can add (all seen in BC in 2019), although my photographic skills fall way short of the majority who post here, sorry about that. But, for the record:

Northern Waterthrush

Tennessee Warbler

MacGillivray's Warbler

Horned Lark

Bohemian Waxwing

Dusky Grouse

Ruffed Grouse

American Three-toed Woodpecker

Least Flycatcher

Don't think I have any dupes, apologies if I am not reading the previous posts correctly.

Rio
I agree with Ian, Rio! Great adds ... I'm going to have to update the list now. I was out for a big swing yesterday to try and add to the list--out of 40 birds, I saw one to add but you beat me to the punch! The Ruffed Grouse ... I'm gonna add a couple shots (just because). haha. Very nice! We may get to 300 yet ...

My wife and I walked around a corner in the trail at White Lake basin and he was there displaying ...
Image (White Lake basin)

He started to realize we were behind him and made a beeline to some cover.

I quietly walked over and saw him hiding ... snapped a couple of photos and then left him alone.

Hi Marilyn, What you have is a White-crowned Spa[…]

As new, Lenscoat has been on since bought. Comes w[…]

Black-crested Coquette (Costa Rica)

Here's one from my Tropical Setups Workshop a few […]

Hi everyone, I took these photos in Central Park,[…]