This forum is for posting bird photos and for general discussions in the field of bird photography. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, you are encouraged to include a link to your personal bird photo galleries.
zwest wrote:
Jul 11 7:02 pm
I was at Reifel Sanctuary today in Delta and managed to get one more, a Short-billed Dowitcher:

Also, because my previous Marbled Godwit picture is crappy, :mrgreen: here is an upgrade:
The Delta just keeps delivering! Nice work Zach!
Hi, it is exciting to find this site. We are fairly new to birding and I don't have any thus far that you don't have for your 2019 count, but have a decent shot of wild turkeys if someone can tell me how to attach/paste in. My most recent new bird to me was a red-raped sapsucker. We are near Trail, BC so if anyone has a tip for good birding spots around here, please let me know. Thanks.
Blizzardmtnbirders wrote:
Jul 19 12:33 pm
Hi, it is exciting to find this site. We are fairly new to birding and I don't have any thus far that you don't have for your 2019 count, but have a decent shot of wild turkeys if someone can tell me how to attach/paste in. My most recent new bird to me was a red-raped sapsucker. We are near Trail, BC so if anyone has a tip for good birding spots around here, please let me know. Thanks.
Hi BMB! I use a "flickr dot com" account to post my photos. There's a good blog entry on how to do that here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=934

I was recently over in that area (Nelson/Kaslo) and posted a blog entry about where I saw some birds there ... here's the link: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16422

The Red-naped is a beautiful bird! Welcome and happy birding!
James
Wow! We are up to 243 birds for this year. Great work everyone.
Here's a link to the new list ...
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16391&p=89102#p89102

Here are several that I think we should be able to find soon:
- White-breasted Nuthatch ... I've seen 3 or 4 times ... no camera 8)
- Rock Wren - Osoyoos area ... Ian? :mrgreen:
- Veery
- Boreal Chickadee
- Common Poorwill
- Western Grebe (maybe a Clark's) - Salmon Arm ... anyone??
- Sora
- Northern Goshawk
- Cattle Egret?? Maybe?? :roll:
stumblingpiper wrote:
jewill wrote:
Jul 17 9:55 am
A Franklin's Gull at Blackie Spit on July 16, 2019.

Franklin's Gull by [Jewill on Flickr
Thanks for the add, Jewill! Great shots. I thought for a minute it might be a Laughing Gull ... but I think you are right, Franklin's.
It certainly stood out among all the rest. I initially thought it was a Bonaparte’s in breeding plumage (and I would’ve been happy with that) but my trusty Merlin app said it was a Franklin’s and on closer inspection I think it’s right. It hasn’t been reported since so I guess it’s moved on.
stumblingpiper wrote:
Jul 19 3:08 pm

- Veery
- Boreal Chickadee
- Common Poorwill
- Sora
- Northern Goshawk
We have Sora and Northern Goshawk already! And I think Neal had a Veery a couple weeks ago, hopefully he'll add it here.

Here is one more from today (Delta): Black-crowned Night Heron, thinking nobody can see him.

zwest wrote:
Jul 19 5:34 pm
stumblingpiper wrote:
Jul 19 3:08 pm

- Veery
- Boreal Chickadee
- Common Poorwill
- Sora
- Northern Goshawk
We have Sora and Northern Goshawk already! And I think Neal had a Veery a couple weeks ago, hopefully he'll add it here.

Here is one more from today (Delta): Black-crowned Night Heron, thinking nobody can see him.
lol. Nice one! I guess I should have checked the list even closer than I did! It continues to get tougher ...
Steely wrote:
Jul 24 4:01 pm
Your wish is my command James! Haven't been out much lately but managed to head over to Vaseux with a Horton's and found the elusive Rock Wren we were after... will keep my eyes open for more...
Lol ... I figured you would get it for us Ian! Great shot. I was hoping to see one the last time I was down there ... I did see the Common Yellowthroat but couldn't snap the photo. Keep 'em coming! :mrgreen:
I know this one is out here already (thanks to the folks over in Trail!), but I asked metricmeasures a couple of weeks ago if I could include their picture of the MacGillivray's Warbler here ... it's really nice ...

The shot is from Lake Country. I'm not that far from there ... I need to go see it this year! :mrgreen:
zwest wrote:
Jul 26 10:09 pm
Another mile-away shorebird shot:

Ruddy Turnstone, Delta

Noticed the Black Turnstone isn't in the "Shorebirds" section, but in any case this one belongs next to it :P
lol. You must have had your "superzoom" on for that one! It works! I'll update the Shorebird section with both of those. haha.

Hi Marilyn, What you have is a White-crowned Spa[…]

As new, Lenscoat has been on since bought. Comes w[…]

Black-crested Coquette (Costa Rica)

Here's one from my Tropical Setups Workshop a few […]

Hi everyone, I took these photos in Central Park,[…]