This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
July 9, 2019. Went out to see if I could add to our bird totals for the year. Decided to drive up Beaver Lake Road in Lake Country. Left relatively early and made it there around 0730. Although I didn't add any new birds, I started out with a bang ... just as the road starts going up past the industrial section of town I spied this Kestrel sitting on a wire ... he had a few Starling friends joining him.
Image Kestrel
Image European Starlings
About another kilometer up the road I stopped on the right -- first pullout by some very large trees. This was a productive location. At this point and just slightly further up the road, I saw these different specimens:
Image Bullocks Oriole (Male)
Image Bullocks Oriole (Female)
There were several different flocks -- Starlings, Brewer's Blackbirds, and Brown-headed Cowbirds.
They were pretty busy with their young -- as in this photo, young were crying while the parents were hunting:

As I drove up the road through the "meadows" area I saw these lovelies:
Image Vesper Sparrow
Image Mountain Bluebird
Image Western Meadowlark
Image Eastern Kingbird
Image Lazuli Bunting

I decided to drive up the road to a little higher elevation--between kilometer markers 8 and 9 is a cattleguard. I pulled over just past this area on the right. I had seen some sapsuckers/woodpeckers here last year and thought I would give it a try. I saw a Pileated Woodpecker low in the trees but couldn't get a picture. Pretty sure I saw a three-toed woodpecker but couldn't snap the shot of that one either. However, I did get this guy:
Image Red-naped Sapsucker

Saw a red-breasted nuthatch here as well as pine siskin. Song Sparrow and Chipping Sparrow hanging out in the area. I thought I saw a larger bird low to the ground -- finally got a clear shot:
Image Chipmunk "Bird"

Finally, I drove up about another 3 kilometers to the High Rim Trail trailhead ... the sign is on the left near a forestry road. In the past, I've seen ruby-crowned and golden-crowned Kinglets here. Also Pine Siskin. Today, I saw these four guys:
Image Western Tanager
Image Mountain Chickadee
Image Yellow-rumped Warbler
Image Swainson's Thrush (these guys are hard to capture ... really skittish!)

It was a pretty productive two and a half hours ... just over 25 bird species. Besides those listed above, i saw Turkey Vulture, Common Raven, Robin, Junco, and Western Bluebird. If you are in the area, it's always worth a drive up Beaver Lake Road.
James

Here is a Cedar Waxwing from a few weeks back at B[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]