This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
By jewill
I just want to give a huge shout-out to my friends, co-workers and fellow volunteers at OWL who were involved in this extraordinary rescue of a juvenile bald eagle last September. You can read the details in the facebook post but just so everyone is aware, when it is referred to as "water treatment settling pond" and "sludge" this is just a polite way of saying poop - human poop!
The video in the FB post is an editted version - you can view the extended version (23 minutes, but worth watching) via the link at the end of the post.

https://www.facebook.com/OWLRehab/posts ... ed_comment

Extra thanks goes to the Richmond Fire Dept. and the maintenance workers at the Iona Wastewater Treatment Plant. The OWL people involved were Rob, Joanne, Kate and Chris. The call came in from Cole, himself a former volunteer at OWL. Was it worth it for 1 juvenile bald eagle? Yes!!
WOW - amazing!
2024 Photo Challenge - All BC Birds!

We are currently at 115 birds! Wow. Excellent wo[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]