This forum is for posting bird photos and for general discussions in the field of bird photography. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, you are encouraged to include a link to your personal bird photo galleries.
Great! lol. Love the adds ... I feel like I've been short on contributions through the summer. It's been tough trying to see the new birds I want to see. Today I was MTB'ing and saw a whole group of White-breasted and Pygmy Nuthatches, Mountain and Black-capped Chickadees ... but just no new ones lately.
stumblingpiper wrote:
Sep 05 7:49 pm
Great! lol. Love the adds ... I feel like I've been short on contributions through the summer. It's been tough trying to see the new birds I want to see. Today I was MTB'ing and saw a whole group of White-breasted and Pygmy Nuthatches, Mountain and Black-capped Chickadees ... but just no new ones lately.
I hope fall brings you many goodies. :mrgreen:

Here are a couple from this week in Delta, a Curlew Sandpiper:

and an American Golden-plover:

I can finally add one! A Golden-crowned Kinglet. I don't see it on the list yet so I'm going for it.
As usual I went to great lengths to get this picture...I had to put down my coffee, pick up the camera and then get her in frame and focus before pressing the shutter all the way down :lol:.
The pictures that have been added recently are simply outstanding. Nice work Zach on all of your shorebirds, some of them are quite rare. Congratulations!

ImageGolden-crowned Kinglet (Female) by Jewill on Flickr
Is this a herring gull?

I sure have a lot to learn.

Yes, gulls are challenging to ID. Thanks.

Is this a glaucous-winged gull?

This appears to be a Mew Gull. -seems more comp[…]

Thanks. I just lucked out when my son put on a 50t[…]