This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
One of the most special ecosystems in the world lies in the far, far north. Here trees are few and far between and are replaced with countless shallow ponds and endless fields of grasses, low shrubs and rocky outcroppings. In this ecosystem species diversity may be low and for many months of the year the ground is covered in snow. But when the Tundra erupts into life each spring there are few places that I would rather be.

Birds migrate thousands of kilometers from Central and South America to take advantage of the abundant breeding territories and plentiful food supply. It is incredible to see normally docile and largely silent shorebirds performing their courtship rituals. On a windless night out on the tundra the beautiful, and sometimes bizarre, sounds of shorebirds and waterfowl are truly something that every bird lover should experience. Just don’t forget your insect repellent!

This mini-gallery shows off a few of the beautiful birds that migrate to the Tundra each year to breed - http://www.glennbartley.com/naturephoto ... undra.html
2024 Photo Challenge - All BC Birds!

We are currently at 115 birds! Wow. Excellent wo[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]