This forum is for posting your best bird photos and videos. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, provide a link to your photo galleries.
By picapica
haven't been on here for ages (most of feb in australia for the first time!!!).
Blackie Spit has been fabulous this past week or two: last monday - first day out in about two years WITHOUT my camera! - there were three godwits as well as the curlew, in the beautiful afternoon light. i was distraught not to be able to capture them. since then i have seen one and yesterday two godwits over there, but never the three again! yesterday there were 2 godwits, these 3 black oystercatchers, and this cute, lone little black brant goose (at least that is what my ID skills tell me??)

ImageIMG_5314 (Edited) by Jill Mellon, on Flickr

ImageIMG_5296 (Edited) by Jill Mellon, on Flickr

ImageIMG_5278 by Jill Mellon, on Flickr

ImageIMG_5289 (Edited) by Jill Mellon, on Flickr
Lovely shots Jill. I love Blackie Spit. What time of day did you catch the Oystercatchers?

It has been raining so much that I haven't been out there lately, but I actually went yesterday late afternoon. I spotted an Anna's humming bird in the trees (looked like a dead leaf at first - lol). Took lots of shots of him - even tho he was pretty far away.
sorry, I have been back a few times. next time there were 5 oystercatchers and in the same spot (just up from where the dogs swim) and the wee goose still there too.
there were also 2 godwits over the back too. CLOUDS of shorebirds on two occasions - dunlin is my guess? but far over by the farm.
my best time has been around 5pm - I drop in on the way home from work!
it's a nice way to relax after work for sure.

Nice to see the Savannah Sparrows back flitting am[…]

I was in Mexico last month and saw some new things[…]