This forum is for asking questions and providing answers on bird identification. New and visiting birders are encouraged to ask and participate.
By Calidris33
Just off loading my disappointment: braved the pouring rain for a wet walk at Blackie Spit just now. Got a cool snap of heron eating huge fish, some Dunlin feeding in the mud and......BEAUTIFUL CO-OPERATIVEsnow bunting, who even sat on a log for me at one point, I could see the raindrops on his feathers and thought "this was so worth it, these will be so great".
Guess what? NO MEMORY CARD! How could I ?!!!!!!
I am crushed!
By BirderBert
I wonder if there is a setting on your camera which will disable your shutter release if there's no card? My Canon DSLR will NOT allow me to shoot without a card but my Olympus M43 cameras will if I miss the X NO CARD alert in the viewfinder! What kind of camera is it?
By Steely
I think we've all been there... I'm haunted by bad golf dreams of arriving for tee-off and not having any clubs in the trunk...
Two real world experiences included shooting a car rally in Washington and the 35mm film never engaged the spool... and more recently, driving to Trout Lake in Harrison, unloading and inflating my float tube, trekking down to the water, kicking off in my tube, then reaching around to the back of the tube to cast my rod... only to realize it was still standing at home in my garage... lovely evening for a paddle... :roll:
By KenW
Don't need to be a rookie for that.
My worst one was traveling by bus from India to Europe( early 70's) and all through Afghanistan & Iran, the 35 mm film was not engaging. As long as my memory holds, I still have those images though
By Calidris33
Yes, Bert - I read that now, I will definitely do that. I had my second camera with me in the car, but I'd just taken some photos off the card last night - silly me.
Mel - that was precisely my attitude the rest of today: I watched and enjoyed the wee snow bunting for a good ten minutes, so it was worth it!
(And I am off again tomorrow, so will probably try in vain to recreate the morning!!!)
I also tried out new wellies and puddle jumped like a five year old, so it was still an awesome day.
By birdergirl
Calidris33 wrote: Mel - that was precisely my attitude the rest of today: I watched and enjoyed the wee snow bunting for a good ten minutes, so it was worth it!
(And I am off again tomorrow, so will probably try in vain to recreate the morning!!!)
I also tried out new wellies and puddle jumped like a five year old, so it was still an awesome day.
Hahah that is awesome, Mike and I were out there in the rain too and I was thinking who else would be crazy enough to go out in this :lol:. Us birders are crazy! Good for you to get back on the horse tomorrow because when life hands you lemons, make lemonade.

Cheers,
Mel

Here is a Cedar Waxwing from a few weeks back at B[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]