This forum is for posting bird photos and for general discussions in the field of bird photography. Although the site is focused on BC Birding, topics here and photo postings can include birds from around the globe. As well, you are encouraged to include a link to your personal bird photo galleries.
zwest wrote:
Apr 18 10:34 am
Yeah too bad you can't edit the first post. One of those collapsible 'spoiler' tags would be good too, but I don't think that exists here.
I'm trying to figure out if I can use columns ... i might find something that formats it for us and then import.
Was over near Munson Pond today in South Kelowna. Picked up a couple of more birds ... one by complete accident but happy to have seen this one! Wilson's Snipe. new lifer for me.

The other was a Turkey Vulture ... in Texas we call those "Turkey Buzzards."

zwest wrote:
Apr 18 9:04 pm
...and a Golden-crowned Sparrow in the same place.
We usually have the white-crowned (and a stray golden-crowned) here at the house but they seem to be coming a little later this spring. I was lucky on that snipe ... it flushed but plopped right back down and sat for about 30 seconds ... I was shooting through some bushes but got a clear shot! A few of your birds are on my list to see--I'm going to have to travel for them I think.
ImageCape May Warbler by Neal, on Flickr

This is the Cape May Warbler that I was lucky enough to discover in Abbotsford on New Year's day and caused quite a stir in the local, and not so local, birding community....
nealdoan wrote:
Apr 22 11:18 am
This is the Cape May Warbler that I was lucky enough to discover in Abbotsford on New Year's day and caused quite a stir in the local, and not so local, birding community....
This was an awesome find Neal! I regret not going out there to see it, but I felt like it was just a bit too far from home for me.

Cheers
Need help on ID for this Flycatcher.

Hi Kip.. Your images do not show.. Have you remove[…]

lewis's woodpecker

Hi Kip.. I followed your directions et voila http[…]

Mystery Empid

Oh good. I was thinking the same thing. But I did[…]

After striking out on it last week, I was happy to[…]