Looking for something to shoot? Find challenges and assignments here.
zwest wrote: Apr 18 10:34 am Yeah too bad you can't edit the first post. One of those collapsible 'spoiler' tags would be good too, but I don't think that exists here.
I'm trying to figure out if I can use columns ... i might find something that formats it for us and then import.
Was over near Munson Pond today in South Kelowna. Picked up a couple of more birds ... one by complete accident but happy to have seen this one! Wilson's Snipe. new lifer for me.

The other was a Turkey Vulture ... in Texas we call those "Turkey Buzzards."

zwest wrote: Apr 18 9:04 pm ...and a Golden-crowned Sparrow in the same place.
We usually have the white-crowned (and a stray golden-crowned) here at the house but they seem to be coming a little later this spring. I was lucky on that snipe ... it flushed but plopped right back down and sat for about 30 seconds ... I was shooting through some bushes but got a clear shot! A few of your birds are on my list to see--I'm going to have to travel for them I think.
ImageCape May Warbler by Neal, on Flickr

This is the Cape May Warbler that I was lucky enough to discover in Abbotsford on New Year's day and caused quite a stir in the local, and not so local, birding community....
nealdoan wrote: Apr 22 11:18 am This is the Cape May Warbler that I was lucky enough to discover in Abbotsford on New Year's day and caused quite a stir in the local, and not so local, birding community....
This was an awesome find Neal! I regret not going out there to see it, but I felt like it was just a bit too far from home for me.

Cheers

Here is a Cedar Waxwing from a few weeks back at B[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]