Looking for something to shoot? Find challenges and assignments here.
zwest wrote: Apr 22 1:05 pm ...and the worst ever picture of Marbled Murrelets (near Bowen Island). :lol:

I'll update the photo if I get a better one, but I have never managed to get close to these offshore swimmers. :mrgreen:
I think the same thing about a couple of my photos ... but a that pic is pretty good ... at least you can tell what they are! I have this running joke with my dad about "Sasquatch bird" photos ... Hopefully I won't have to post any of those!
zwest wrote: Apr 22 6:26 pm
stumblingpiper wrote: Apr 22 3:24 pm I think the same thing about a couple of my photos ... but a that pic is pretty good ... at least you can tell what they are! I have this running joke with my dad about "Sasquatch bird" photos ... Hopefully I won't have to post any of those!
OK then you won't mind this one either. :lol:

Rhinoceros Auklets, Active Pass
Those work! :lol:
I think getting past 250 we'll have several more photos like these ...
You are getting some good shots! You must go out pretty routinely ... I've started poking my head into a couple of places when I'm out and about. Found this Cinnamon Teal to post (at Robert's Lake, Kelowna).

A couple of update photos, too. These guys were there as well ... my previous Ruddy Duck was non-breeding ... this fella is in full display mode!

Also, I heard a noise at my feet, looked down, and saw this fella.

Enjoy! 8)
Very much enjoying the thread and it's an interesting challenge to have a group 'big year' total for BC. Thought I would dive in as we have a few birds up here in the South Okanagan that we have encountered early this year that haven't shown up on the list yet. I'll add a few more in a second post.

Red-naped Sapsucker on Anarchist Mtn.

Williamson's Sapsucker on Anarchist Mtn.

Canyon Wren near OK Falls

Cedar Waxwing on Willowbrook Rd.

Golden Eagle near Vaseux Lake Bluffs
Steely wrote: Apr 25 9:46 am Here are a couple more...
American Pipit near Vaseux Lake
Lesser Goldfinch after a dozen attempts to find one on Kruger Mtn. Rd.
Nice adds, Ian! I've done a few cruises on Road 22 down there looking for owls and such. I've heard the Williamson's Sapsucker but haven't seen it yet. Want to add both those Sapsuckers to my life list.

Glad to add these contributions to the list--definitely going to help the Big Year! (any chance you can add the burrowing owl?? :mrgreen: )

Gonna have to update the list ...
Zach -- there's that Golden Eagle I was thinking about ... haha!
James
Very nice add, Rob! Another bird I need to add to my list. lol. My hummingbirds started to show up the last couple of days. Here's a female Calliope. Hope the Rufous comes back too. If I can get the male of either I will update them.

Oh, Zach, here's a variation on the White-crowned that showed up at the house!

2024 Photo Challenge - All BC Birds!

We are currently at 115 birds! Wow. Excellent wo[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]