This forum is for asking questions and providing answers on bird identification. New and visiting birders are encouraged to ask and participate.
Was on the road in North Kelowna today (22 Apr 19) and saw this Hawk on the wire. Couldn't see the front of it ... used Merlin to identify the picture and it said Swainson's or Broad-winged. I think Redtailed. Maybe with the longer wings (against the tail) it might be Swainson's, but those are rare around here.

By Owlet
nope, definitely a Swainson's. the yellow mark at the base of the upper mandible, white belly color and mantle/wing coloring all point to a perfect adult male light-morph swainson's. One of my fav birds - dont get them here on the coast but often in the interior. good find! those are pretty tough to get.
Owlet wrote: May 13 10:55 pm nope, definitely a Swainson's. the yellow mark at the base of the upper mandible, white belly color and mantle/wing coloring all point to a perfect adult male light-morph swainson's. One of my fav birds - dont get them here on the coast but often in the interior. good find! those are pretty tough to get.
Woo Hoo! Thanks Adam! I'll just copy this over to the BC Bird 2019 list. haha.
James
2024 Photo Challenge - All BC Birds!

We are currently at 115 birds! Wow. Excellent wo[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]