Looking for something to shoot? Find challenges and assignments here.
stumblingpiper wrote: May 13 6:57 pm This was a new bird for me as well ... the Brewer's Sparrow. I waited for him to pop back out and (fortunately) he did!

(on Green Mountain Road going to Apex)
Darn. You're right Zach. Merlin told me Brewer's yesterday and today it told me Lincoln's. Guess I was holding my tongue wrong. I'll update the list. Thanks for the help!
The South Okanagan keeps on giving! Some of these are just record shots and I'm hoping for additional opportunities to get closer etc. as the Spring progresses.

Bullock's Oriole near Oliver

Yellow-breasted Chat taken this morning near Oliver

Clark's Nutcracker taken on Anarchist Mtn. above Osoyoos

Lark Sparrow near Vaseux Lake (record shot... will do better)
Steely wrote: May 14 8:26 pm The South Okanagan keeps on giving! Some of these are just record shots and I'm hoping for additional opportunities to get closer etc. as the Spring progresses.
Nice pics, Ian! I was trying to get that Nutcracker on Monday ... glad you tracked it down. Love your yellow chat photo!
James
Was out for a walk on Knox Mountain this evening and heard a pair of these Red Crossbills over my head! What a stroke of luck! New bird for me too (better make sure I got this one right, Zach! haha)

Oh, and I saw this Green-looking heron. :shock: :mrgreen:
Promised you a better Lark Sparrow pic and managed to get a few this morning near Cawston. A few more on my Flickr link below.
I encountered another for the list, albeit only a record shot, a Clay-coloured Sparrow up on Nighthawk Rd. just past the wildfire that is thankfully nearly out!

Lark Sparrow near Cawston

Clay-coloured Sparrow
Steely wrote: May 15 10:44 pm Promised you a better Lark Sparrow pic and managed to get a few this morning near Cawston. A few more on my Flickr link below.
I encountered another for the list, albeit only a record shot, a Clay-coloured Sparrow up on Nighthawk Rd. just past the wildfire that is thankfully nearly out!

Lark Sparrow near Cawston

Clay-coloured Sparrow
Nice work Ian. I like all your photos ... even the "record" ones!
2024 Photo Challenge - All BC Birds!

We are currently at 115 birds! Wow. Excellent wo[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]