Looking for something to shoot? Find challenges and assignments here.
zwest wrote: Jul 11 7:02 pm I was at Reifel Sanctuary today in Delta and managed to get one more, a Short-billed Dowitcher:

Also, because my previous Marbled Godwit picture is crappy, :mrgreen: here is an upgrade:
The Delta just keeps delivering! Nice work Zach!
Hi, it is exciting to find this site. We are fairly new to birding and I don't have any thus far that you don't have for your 2019 count, but have a decent shot of wild turkeys if someone can tell me how to attach/paste in. My most recent new bird to me was a red-raped sapsucker. We are near Trail, BC so if anyone has a tip for good birding spots around here, please let me know. Thanks.
Blizzardmtnbirders wrote: Jul 19 12:33 pm Hi, it is exciting to find this site. We are fairly new to birding and I don't have any thus far that you don't have for your 2019 count, but have a decent shot of wild turkeys if someone can tell me how to attach/paste in. My most recent new bird to me was a red-raped sapsucker. We are near Trail, BC so if anyone has a tip for good birding spots around here, please let me know. Thanks.
Hi BMB! I use a "flickr dot com" account to post my photos. There's a good blog entry on how to do that here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=934

I was recently over in that area (Nelson/Kaslo) and posted a blog entry about where I saw some birds there ... here's the link: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16422

The Red-naped is a beautiful bird! Welcome and happy birding!
James
Wow! We are up to 243 birds for this year. Great work everyone.
Here's a link to the new list ...
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16391&p=89102#p89102

Here are several that I think we should be able to find soon:
- White-breasted Nuthatch ... I've seen 3 or 4 times ... no camera 8)
- Rock Wren - Osoyoos area ... Ian? :mrgreen:
- Veery
- Boreal Chickadee
- Common Poorwill
- Western Grebe (maybe a Clark's) - Salmon Arm ... anyone??
- Sora
- Northern Goshawk
- Cattle Egret?? Maybe?? :roll:
stumblingpiper wrote:
jewill wrote: Jul 17 9:55 am A Franklin's Gull at Blackie Spit on July 16, 2019.

Franklin's Gull by [Jewill on Flickr
Thanks for the add, Jewill! Great shots. I thought for a minute it might be a Laughing Gull ... but I think you are right, Franklin's.
It certainly stood out among all the rest. I initially thought it was a Bonaparte’s in breeding plumage (and I would’ve been happy with that) but my trusty Merlin app said it was a Franklin’s and on closer inspection I think it’s right. It hasn’t been reported since so I guess it’s moved on.
stumblingpiper wrote: Jul 19 3:08 pm
- Veery
- Boreal Chickadee
- Common Poorwill
- Sora
- Northern Goshawk
We have Sora and Northern Goshawk already! And I think Neal had a Veery a couple weeks ago, hopefully he'll add it here.

Here is one more from today (Delta): Black-crowned Night Heron, thinking nobody can see him.

zwest wrote: Jul 19 5:34 pm
stumblingpiper wrote: Jul 19 3:08 pm
- Veery
- Boreal Chickadee
- Common Poorwill
- Sora
- Northern Goshawk
We have Sora and Northern Goshawk already! And I think Neal had a Veery a couple weeks ago, hopefully he'll add it here.

Here is one more from today (Delta): Black-crowned Night Heron, thinking nobody can see him.
lol. Nice one! I guess I should have checked the list even closer than I did! It continues to get tougher ...
Steely wrote: Jul 24 4:01 pm Your wish is my command James! Haven't been out much lately but managed to head over to Vaseux with a Horton's and found the elusive Rock Wren we were after... will keep my eyes open for more...
Lol ... I figured you would get it for us Ian! Great shot. I was hoping to see one the last time I was down there ... I did see the Common Yellowthroat but couldn't snap the photo. Keep 'em coming! :mrgreen:
I know this one is out here already (thanks to the folks over in Trail!), but I asked metricmeasures a couple of weeks ago if I could include their picture of the MacGillivray's Warbler here ... it's really nice ...

The shot is from Lake Country. I'm not that far from there ... I need to go see it this year! :mrgreen:
zwest wrote: Jul 26 10:09 pm Another mile-away shorebird shot:

Ruddy Turnstone, Delta

Noticed the Black Turnstone isn't in the "Shorebirds" section, but in any case this one belongs next to it :P
lol. You must have had your "superzoom" on for that one! It works! I'll update the Shorebird section with both of those. haha.
2024 Photo Challenge - All BC Birds!

We are currently at 115 birds! Wow. Excellent wo[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]