Looking for something to shoot? Find challenges and assignments here.
zwest wrote: Aug 19 8:09 pm I saw a couple of Bank Swallows today in Richmond:
Those are awesome Zach! I've been out of the country for the last two weeks, so I couldn't count any birds I saw in Texas and Colorado. haha. I'm ready to get a few Fall birds myself! Nice work!
Here we are, Zach, at the magical 250 birds! As you mentioned in a previous post, now the real challenge begins! haha. Here's the link to the list:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16391&p=89153#p89153

I thought I had 251 yesterday, but Merlin told me the photo I took was actually a female Ring-tailed Pheasant ... I could've sworn it was a "sharp-tailed grouse." Of course, I WAS squinting my eyes as I looked at it.

p.s. -- I updated the list so that "Turnstones" are in the Shorebird category.
stumblingpiper wrote: Aug 25 11:48 am
zwest wrote: Aug 25 11:24 am Nice work James!

So we need 50 more in 4 months... someone needs to do a pelagic tour. :P
Thank you ... haha. Don't tempt me! 8)
(p.s. I'll be in your area in a couple of weeks if you are interested in showing me the Delta!)
Oh yeah I’d be happy to show you Boundary Bay if the weather works out! It will be a good time of year for shore birding, but any visit there always needs to be timed to the tide schedule. Where are you staying?
zwest wrote: Aug 25 12:32 pm
stumblingpiper wrote: Aug 25 11:48 am
zwest wrote: Aug 25 11:24 am Nice work James!

So we need 50 more in 4 months... someone needs to do a pelagic tour. :P
Thank you ... haha. Don't tempt me! 8)
(p.s. I'll be in your area in a couple of weeks if you are interested in showing me the Delta!)
Oh yeah I’d be happy to show you Boundary Bay if the weather works out! It will be a good time of year for shore birding, but any visit there always needs to be timed to the tide schedule. Where are you staying?
email me at stumblingpiper dot com. I'll send you my details!
zwest wrote: Aug 29 11:02 am
stumblingpiper wrote: Aug 26 4:38 pm email me at stumblingpiper dot com. I'll send you my details!
Is this missing the domain name (gmail etc.)?
lol. You'd think for a computer guy i'd get that right ... haha. Yes. Either hotmail or gmail will work. Prefer Hotmail.
so ... stumblingpiper at hotmail dot com.
2024 Photo Challenge - All BC Birds!

We are currently at 115 birds! Wow. Excellent wo[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]