This forum is for asking questions and providing answers on bird identification. New and visiting birders are encouraged to ask and participate.
By jewill
I came across a large flock of Canada Geese and mixed in were 2 almost pure white ones. At first I thought they were Snow Geese but on closer inspection these birds are way too big to be SNGO's and their necks are too long. Are they leucistic Canada Geese? I'd really appreciate some opinions on this. Am I losing it (don't answer that :mrgreen: ) or did I find not 1 but 2 relatively rare birds? I'd like to know whether I should buy some lottery tickets. Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks.

Here's the 1st one:
ImageGoose 1b by Jewill on Flickr

And the 2nd:
ImageGoose 2a by Jewill on Flickr
Looks like you have Domestic Geese hanging out with the Canada Geese!

They can be escapee's from a farm, or breeding center!

I found recently a Domestic (Greylag) Goose x Canada Goose hybrid that I have seen off and on since 2015!

ImageDomestic (Greylag) Goose x Canada Goose hybrid leucistic one day off from last year by Rob -Alexander, on Flickr
northvanrob wrote:Looks like you have Domestic Geese hanging out with the Canada Geese!

They can be escapee's from a farm, or breeding center!
I hadn’t thought of that! It makes much more sense. They could also be a hybrid since both have a slightly greyish body.
I won’t bother with the lottery tickets then. :P
Thanks Rob.

Nice to see the Savannah Sparrows back flitting am[…]

I was in Mexico last month and saw some new things[…]