This area is for general discussion on Birds and Birding.
By markj
Cool about the mountain chickadee haven't seen one since I saw BG's photos from Manning on here they look like masked zorros or something.

Mark
Kitimat is a very interesting, and little birded place. It can be a little slow in the winter, but the migrants should start arriving in the next month. Enjoy!

Guy L. Monty
Nanoose Bay, Vancouver Island, BC
By KitimatAnne
Just wanted anyone visiting Kitimat to know that we've got a great group of non-profit folks - the Kitimat Valley Naturalists - who'd be happy to provide you with the inside scoop of where to see the coolest birds! You can check out their website at http://kitimatvalleynaturalists.ca/index.php, or give Walter a call (SUPER nice guy!)
His contact info is:
Walter Thorne
12 Farrow St. Kitimat BC
V8C 1E2
250-632-7632
info@kitimatvallerynaturalists.ca
Hope this is helpful
Happy birding!
Anne
By jjohnwm
I worked out of a camp in Kitimat a few years ago and spent a lot of my spare time birding. Beautiful area. I'm still a little miffed that I managed to spend an entire summer there and never found a Chestnut-backed Chickadee. I was fortunate to find a bird-finding guide to the local are in a little Kitimat shop; a bit out of date but still helpful.

Are you building the camp for the new LNG project? I'm hoping to be back this year or next for that one.

edited to add: Oops! Just noticed this thread is so old...:)
By Avian1
jjohnwm wrote: Feb 28 1:28 pm I worked out of a camp in Kitimat a few years ago and spent a lot of my spare time birding. Beautiful area. I'm still a little miffed that I managed to spend an entire summer there and never found a Chestnut-backed Chickadee. I was fortunate to find a bird-finding guide to the local are in a little Kitimat shop; a bit out of date but still helpful.

Are you building the camp for the new LNG project? I'm hoping to be back this year or next for that one.

edited to add: Oops! Just noticed this thread is so old...:)
Are you still working in LNG project? If so please call or text me at 7809647900 I am staying in CVL.

Thanks
2024 Photo Challenge - All BC Birds!

We are currently at 115 birds! Wow. Excellent wo[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]