This forum is for asking questions and providing answers on bird identification. New and visiting birders are encouraged to ask and participate.
By wilfire
Would love some help with a positive ID on what I think is a Female Bullock's Oriole.

Smaller than a Robin and spotted in Abbotsford last week, the lack of a strong eyeline, grey chest and very yellow face tells me its not an immature male. I think I can rule out the tanagers and other orioles but I am not sure.

ImageBird by Chris Wilford, on Flickr
By Steveear
Way to distinguish between the Robin and the Oriole. Although both species have orange breasts, However, they still have a lot of differences. Robins are larger than orioles in overall size. Robins have a round and stout body, a gray head, back, and wings, while the Oriole is slimmer with a glossy black head, back, and wings.
By Steveear
Steveear wrote: Nov 04 8:34 pm Way to distinguish between the Robin and the Oriole. Although both species have orange breasts, However, they still have a lot of differences. Robins are larger than orioles in overall size. Robins have a round and stout body, a gray head, back, and wings, while the Oriole is slimmer with a glossy black head, back, and wings.
Knowing the difference between a robin and an oriole will help you distinguish them easily.
2024 Photo Challenge - All BC Birds!

We are currently at 115 birds! Wow. Excellent wo[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]