Looking for something to shoot? Find challenges and assignments here.
I was trying to photograph a White-breasted Nuthatch and this guy showed up! Here's a close-up of a Red Crossbill ... Knox Mountain Park, Kelowna, BC (right near the caretaker's cottage).
Good captures Bill! Reminds me to go through my footage to see if I can add to the list. Have the camera each time I head out into the field but target birds not staying put for a decent capture. Lots of leaf, stick and blurry blob birds!

Cheers,
Red Necked Grebe. Blue Heron Beach, 8 Oct. This juvenile RNGr did not spend much time on the surface. It looks around before diving but does not seem to be looking into the water. Perhaps it is checking for gulls that would try to steal a catch. Just 50 meters or so away some gulls were diving onto Harlequin ducks as they surfaced. Blue Heron Beach is very busy with birds this year. Perhaps I am just paying more attention.
Slavonian/ Horned Grebes. I cut out lots of footage of me trying to find the grebes surfacing after they dive. When one grebe dives the other one always follows. I have seen that this is the case for groups of Harlequin ducks also. I wonder if this cooperative or competitive behaviour?
2021 BC Birding Video Challenge

Slavonian/ Horned Grebes. I cut out lots of foota[…]

2021 BC Birding Challenge - Photos

I don't know if we have it yet, but Northern Harri[…]

Red necked Grebe

Thanks Kevin. I will try and get more familiar wit[…]