Looking for something to shoot? Find challenges and assignments here.
I’ll add this American Robin too - taken in the back yard during the heat wave. I thought I had a couple of others too but they’re not from this year.

ImageAmerican Robin (Male) by Jewill on Flickr
Nice ones, Judy and Zach! Here's a Killdeer to replace Dennis' missing picture ... maybe he'll get on and see they are missing! That Mockingbird picture is gorgeous, Zach.
For some reason, we have a few bird pictures not showing up ... however, with a couple of replacement pictures (thanks Zach and Judy) ... we are back up to 270 birds for the year! Wow! Here's a link to the "missing" birds (seen in previous years or this year but not showing up) ...

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=16619&p=91031#p91031

Awesome work so far this year! We've got one more month to bump our total up a little ... I think our biggest year so far was 273 ... so we are really close to that!
Happy Bird-looking,
James
BillGyles wrote: Nov 30 9:04 pm Sorry, I misread the list. I thought it was odd that Pigeon Guillemot and Mew Gull were not there.
Bill -- you read correctly -- we had those pictures previously (from Dennis), but they disappeared -- so your pictures are a nice add ... and excellent pictures too! lol.

We are now up to 272! :0)

Here is the (short) list of birds we had pictures of but don't now ...
8 missing bird pics from KenW:
Falcon, Gyrfalcon, Ruby-throated Hummingbird, Ovenbird, Northern Pygmy Owl, White-tailed Ptarmigan, Swamp Sparrow, Palm Warbler, Acorn Woodpecker.
7 missing bird pics form DennisM39:
Ancient Murrelet, Common Murre, Marbled Murrelet, Marsh Wren, Olympic Gull, Sora, Virginia Rail

Here is a link to a list of all the birds NOT YET POSTED.
(except Mew Gull and Pigeon Guillemot -- thanks Bill! lol)

Sorry for any confusion on missing birds ...
James
stumblingpiper wrote: Dec 02 8:22 am
BillGyles wrote: Nov 30 9:04 pm Sorry, I misread the list. I thought it was odd that Pigeon Guillemot and Mew Gull were not there.
Bill -- you read correctly -- we had those pictures previously (from Dennis), but they disappeared -- so your pictures are a nice add ... and excellent pictures too! lol.

We are now up to 272! :0)

Here is the (short) list of birds we had pictures of but don't now ...
8 missing bird pics from KenW:
Falcon, Gyrfalcon, Ruby-throated Hummingbird, Ovenbird, Northern Pygmy Owl, White-tailed Ptarmigan, Swamp Sparrow, Palm Warbler, Acorn Woodpecker.
7 missing bird pics form DennisM39:
Ancient Murrelet, Common Murre, Marbled Murrelet, Marsh Wren, Olympic Gull, Sora, Virginia Rail

Here is a link to a list of all the birds NOT YET POSTED.
(except Mew Gull and Pigeon Guillemot -- thanks Bill! lol)

James
I posted Northern Pygmy Owl 10 months ago.
HicHic wrote: Dec 07 2:09 am
stumblingpiper wrote: Dec 02 8:22 am
James
I posted Northern Pygmy Owl 10 months ago.
Hi "HicHic." I looked through the post and don't see an image from 2021 for a Northern Pygmy Owl. If you have it available, please re-post it!
James
2024 Photo Challenge - All BC Birds!

We are currently at 115 birds! Wow. Excellent wo[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]