Looking for something to shoot? Find challenges and assignments here.
Great additions! I think most of the gulls with that appearance (around here) are Western/Glaucous-winged hybrids, and pure Western are quite rare.

I went out to Iona this morning to see what I could find.

There were a couple of Horned Larks:

There's that Spotted Sandpiper:

And distant but existent, a Snowy Plover!
On Tab 6 Pat posted a great picture of an Orange Crowned Warbler. My post below doesn't add to the count, but hope it adds a little fun to our exercise. Lucky for me it felt a need to have a bath and wash its crown, revealing all in orange splendor. (sorry about the lack of focus, but was dealing with low light, and lack of skill.)

ImageDSC_4928 by Randy Varga, on Flickr

ImageDSC_4954 by Randy Varga, on Flickr
The pictures that have been added recently have been outstanding! And you guys crack me up with your silly puns :lol:.
We already have the Western Tanager Male, so here's the female.

ImageWestern Tanager (Female) by Jewill on Flickr

And I just can't resist - here's the 2 of them together, obviously bickering about who's the prettier one.

ImageWestern Tanager (Male & Female) by Jewill on Flickr
Nice photos, Randy! That's nice work ... Judy ... love the "couple." Here's one for you ... Your Brown-headed Cowbirds (they've been hanging around the yard) ...

I also captured the male and female Rufous Hummingbirds ... (not in same pic unfortunately). Will try to get a better shot of the male!

I think this female bonked her head and hung out on the patio for a while!
Eventually she was up and going!
We now have the set of Black-headed Grosbeaks. Now to just get them together in the same shot (go for it James). :wink:

ImageBlack-headed Grosbeak (Female) by Jewill on Flickr

PS: I haven't seen the tanagers in a few days now (sounds like a family name of some neighbours - "Oh yeah, the tanagers, they live down the street" :D ). I'm sad if they have moved on but also very happy that they decided to stay as long as they did and give me so many wonderful photo ops.
2024 Photo Challenge - All BC Birds!

We are currently at 115 birds! Wow. Excellent wo[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]