Looking for something to shoot? Find challenges and assignments here.
By jewill
Well, this isn't a Bluebird James but it is a blue bird!

Steller's Jay on a drizzly day.
ImageSteller's Jay by Jewill on Flickr

I posted, what I believe to be, a Female Spotted Towhee a little while ago. This is a Male - note that his head is a much darker black as compared to the Female.
ImageSpotted Towhee (Male) by Jewill on Flickr

Happy Spring Everyone!!
Hilarious Bluebird, Judy. :D
Very nice pictures ... you too, Randy/Pat/Adam! Way to keep it rolling. I can definitely tell it is Spring ... all my normal Spring birds are coming back. We were out scouting an area today to see if we can see the Poor-will when it returns this year ... hoping for a picture for the blog! However, we did see a few other birds over there today. A trail very near my house in North Glenmore (Kelowna). A Mountain Chickadee:

On the way to the trail, we saw this Eurasian Collared-Dove:

While at the trail, we saw this Say's Phoebe hovering to catch bugs ... I know we'll get a better shot of one later, but I liked this picture!

If everyone keeps adding like they are doing, we'll catch last year's numbers and keep going! Happy Spring Birding, everyone.
James
By jewill
I was out at my favourite haunt again today, Brydon Lagoon in Langley. It was very windy so that kept most of the little birds away; I was hoping to get a warbler or 2, but no luck.

We already have a Greater Scaup, and I'm fairly sure this as a Lesser Scaup (peaked back of head).
ImageLesser Scaup (Female) by Jewill on Flickr

There were lots of Shovelers doing their thing, shoveling, in the lagoon. Here's a mature male (I posted the immature a little while back).
ImageNorthern Shoveler (Male) by Jewill on Flickr

I think I spotted a Female Gadwall as well but I lost her in the mix of Mallards. Oh well, here's a Male for the list.
ImageGadwall (Male) by Jewill on Flickr

And finally, this little one was harassing me for food which I didn't have. While I like close-ups of birds this is a little too close; he just would not back off!
ImageWhite-crowned Sparrow by Jewill on Flickr

Cheers!
By Steely
I'm a bit slow on the posting, sorry... we got ourselves into a new miniature poodle puppy over the Christmas break and although we thought we were prepared... after having two previous long-term dogs... this was our first from an eight week puppy stage. No amount of research, training or patience can compete! It can only get better and easier right?

I've enjoyed everyone's posts to date and look forward to contributing more as time goes on...
Here are a few that are early arrivals here in the South Okanagan.

Say's Phoebe

Western Meadowlark

Here is a Cedar Waxwing from a few weeks back at B[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]