Looking for something to shoot? Find challenges and assignments here.
jewill wrote: Dec 22 10:03 am Well for a year that saw us all keeping our distance from everyone else and staying indoors as much as possible I think we did pretty well. I was meaning to go out to Reifel where it’s almost a sure-thing to see a Black-crowned Night Heron and fairly good odds for a Northern Saw-whet Owl but I never made it there and they will be closed for the rest of the year after the 24th.
I do still have a few aces up my sleeve.

Actually these are more like deuces. :lol:

Northern Saw-whet Owl:

Black-crowned Night Heron:

Sharp-shinned Hawk:

Cheers
Haha! Nice ones, Zach ... Thanks so much for contributing ... and you, as well, Judy! It's definitely been an interesting, yet fun, year -- in terms of birding ... Of course, I admit, I'm quite fortunate to be living in the Okanagan. Merry Christmas to everyone who has lurked and contributed! May 2021 not be as upside down as 2020!

Now let's have a few more birds! lol.
James
Well the weather cleared up, and by that I mean it wasn't raining. Elgin Park is only about 5 km from me so I thought I'd see if the YBLO was still there and he was! It's not the greatest shot because it was overcast and he was on the other side of the river but I'll take it! One more for both of our lists because this is a lifer for me.

ImageYellow-billed Loon by Jewill on Flickr
jewill wrote: Dec 28 1:35 pm Well the weather cleared up, and by that I mean it wasn't raining. Elgin Park is only about 5 km from me so I thought I'd see if the YBLO was still there and he was! It's not the greatest shot because it was overcast and he was on the other side of the river but I'll take it! One more for both of our lists because this is a lifer for me.
Very awesome, Judy! Great add ... if he'll stay a couple of more days, we can add him to the 2021 list! haha.
James
stumblingpiper wrote: Dec 29 7:04 am Very awesome, Judy! Great add ... if he'll stay a couple of more days, we can add him to the 2021 list! haha.
James
Good idea, I never thought of that! The weather forecast for here is nothing but rain for the next week, however if there is any let up at all after Friday I’ll go down there since it’s so close. It would be nice to start off the new year with a bit of a rarity.

Happy and Healthy New Year to all who participate and lurk in this forum!
Well ... unless someone logs a bunch of pictures between now and midnight I'm going to assume that we've exhausted our challenge for the year ... thanks for the late adds, Tony! Hope to see your work in 2021 to help us build our list. Judy, your Yellow-billed Loon put us at an even 260 for the year! Excellent work by everyone involved. Look forward to everyone's contributions next year.
James
260 is a great number and thanks to everyone for sharing their wonderful photos! Yes, excellent work by all and congratulations!

Thanks for organizing this James.

Good birding and great photography!
2024 Photo Challenge - All BC Birds!

We are currently at 115 birds! Wow. Excellent wo[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

So sorry for being late in updating the list ... y[…]

Godwit?

At Blackie spit this week we found this shorebird […]

Tufted duck

I returned to report that I researched this questi[…]