Looking for something to shoot? Find challenges and assignments here.
zwest wrote: Dec 07 7:57 am Here's a Gyrfalcon from back in January.
lol. Sorry Zach -- I missed that you had posted that one already ... there were a couple of others you had posted that were duplicated by the missing photos -- I assumed they were still missing until I looked at the other images and saw that you had already posted them. Great work on helping me keep track!
stumblingpiper wrote: Dec 09 12:44 pm
HicHic wrote: Dec 07 2:09 am
stumblingpiper wrote: Dec 02 8:22 am
Sorry for any confusion on missing birds ...
James
I posted Northern Pygmy Owl 10 months ago.
Hi "HicHic." I looked through the post and don't see an image from 2021 for a Northern Pygmy Owl. If you have it available, please re-post it!
James
It is on page 3 of the video challenge thread
HicHic wrote: Dec 10 7:58 am It is on page 3 of the video challenge thread
I like that video a lot! However, that's a separate challenge from this one ... do you have a still image of it you can post to this challenge?
Thanks!
James
To make life easier, I screen captured these two birds out of the Video Challenge. Here's the Northern Pygmy Owl.

Here's the Tropical Kingbird. ( I chose 3 images ... hopefully they are okay, Dennis!)

Beautiful videos ... have a look at the video challenge if you have time!
Enjoy,
James
Unless someone flies in with a few more entries (just under the wire) it looks like we are going to finish with 280 birds! Wow! Great work, everyone. We had some nice Uncommon and Rare birds to go along with a good dose of our normally beautiful British Columbian birds.

I appreciate the extra effort during this time to get out and find these pictures. We were only 10 birds short of the goal from this year ... and this is our biggest year yet! I look forward to seeing the initial photos in our 2020 bird challenge! Happy Looking, everyone!
James Clark

Keeping my fingers crossed that 2022 is looking up!
stumblingpiper wrote: Dec 29 4:21 pm To make life easier, I screen captured these two birds out of the Video Challenge. Here's the Northern Pygmy Owl.

Here's the Tropical Kingbird. ( I chose 3 images ... hopefully they are okay, Dennis!)

Beautiful videos ... have a look at the video challenge if you have time!
Enjoy,
James
Oops, didn't see the message, I've uploaded it now. Just figured out how to upload photos, still new to birding and haven't frequented the site much yet!

The Northern Pygmy Owl and some other birds I found a few days ago!

Snowy Owl
A local celebrity currently occuring in Sidney, BC. On this day, it was parked on a rooftop on a busy side street, stopping onlookers, and you could not miss it. I spent maybe 10 min observing the bird from across the road on the sidewalk before moving on.

ImageSnowy Owl by Kevin Slagboom, on Flickr
Awesome photos, hichic. Thanks for adding! Great catch, Zach, on that Loon! And, Kevin! Way to go on the Snowy Owl! This was an excellent year for our challenge ... with those last two late additions, we ended up with 282 Bird! Wow! Looking forward to next year!
James
2024 Photo Challenge - All BC Birds!

Very nice capture of the Pheobe. I went out looki[…]

I was in Mexico last month and saw some new things[…]