Looking for something to shoot? Find challenges and assignments here.
By Steely
Nice start for this year so far! hopefully I can get out more this year and fill in some of the blanks we had last year... fingers crossed!
Here are two to add although it's been a slower Winter for me as compared to last year.

Chukar above Vaseux Lake.

Merlin in South Oliver
Wow! Nice work, everyone. Loosely quoting my favorite Solo, "I step away for a couple of weeks and everyone has delusions of grandeur!" Sorry about the list, Judy! I'll update it now ... hard to keep track of the flood of birds. Great start to the year!
James
Ian, you have mentioned Vaseux Lake in a couple of your postings. My son gave me a book on favorite birding locations by the Cannings brothers for my birthday, and Vaseux made it in the book. I am excitedly looking forward to making a trip there in May. Hope the Chukars are as easy to spot then! LOL.
NewWestBirder wrote: Mar 06 8:56 pm Ian, you have mentioned Vaseux Lake in a couple of your postings. My son gave me a book on favorite birding locations by the Cannings brothers for my birthday, and Vaseux made it in the book. I am excitedly looking forward to making a trip there in May. Hope the Chukars are as easy to spot then! LOL.
Randy -- looks like you are having a good birding year! Nice shots of those Southern Birds. If you are coming over to the Vaseux area, send me an email stumblingpiper at hotmail. I'll send you a loop that I do in that area ... you can let me know what birds you might be looking for and I'll see if I can point you in the right direction!

Nice to see the Savannah Sparrows back flitting am[…]

I was in Mexico last month and saw some new things[…]