Looking for something to shoot? Find challenges and assignments here.
By GMcD
Ahhh the gummy worms are out. I'll have to get out there, the warblers will be thick on the alders and willows, possibly. Got my best shots of Townsend's and Black Throated Grey warblers there during gummy worm times. The Warbling Vireos are also fun to watch later in the season as the snowberries (red dogwood) are ripe - they seem to really love those.
Hi Everyone! I'm still here! lol. Sorry I've been absent -- I was out of the country/province for over a month so it would be hard to add birds. I'm back now and heading out today (hopefully) to do a little alpine-ish birding. Thanks for taking the reins and updating the list, Randy! Sorry I made you have to recreate ... I use an excel spreadsheet and I've updated it ... will add the new birds ... we are up to 137! Great work -- Awesome photos all the way around ... love the continued male/female emphasis ... Hope to add one or two pictures later today. Here's the updated list:

viewtopic.php?p=91743#p91743

James
As promised, I got out today (Randy - I strolled through the Black Mountain Park again ...)
On the way to the Park, we saw this Ring-necked Pheasant on the side of the road:

When we got to the park, we were pleased to see the Lazuli Bunting.

Front shot ( not so clear -- still trying to learn to not focus my touchscreen with my nose when shooting pictures on my new camera. lol)
We also added two sparrows to the mix: Vesper and Chipping.

As we moved up the mountain into the trees, we found two more for the list. We saw several of these, but here's the one good shot I got: Bullock's Oriole

We also were able to photograph a Red-naped Sapsucker.

The last bird we saw before we left the park (for the Blog) was this Calliope Hummingbird.

After a nice Indian Cuisine lunch, we stopped by Robert's Lake for a quick look ... Saw these Ruddy Ducks. (a Male / Female for you Judy!) The males were really courting the ladies!
That blue bill is ridiculous. haha.

Finally, since we didn't have it yet, here's a photo of a Pygmy Nuthatch from an earlier hike this year.

A couple of my (nose-focused) pictures are a little fuzzy ... if someone captures a nicer image, please add. Glad to be back in the mix! lol.
James
Whoops! Forgot two birds ... At Black Mountain, saw this House Wren:

At the house, got this California Quail. (Since I have about 30 that live here, I'll get you a male/female photo later Judy. lol.

Happy bird-looking everyone!
James

Nice to see the Savannah Sparrows back flitting am[…]

I was in Mexico last month and saw some new things[…]