This forum is for asking questions and providing answers on bird identification. New and visiting birders are encouraged to ask and participate.
Hey!

I'm a newbie generally and a newbie to Boundary Bay. I was at the 72nd street section of the dyke on Sunday morning watching the big birds when a small bird caught my eye. I got some poor photos such as this:

My local birding books suggest it is Orange-Crowned Warbler, but there are problems. First, this bird is rare in the winter - it's a summer bird (says the books - remember I'm a newbie). Second, the orange crown is supposed to be subtle and google images confirm this - this bird isn't subtle. Anyone want to either confirm the it is an Orange-Crowned Warbler, or point me in different direction?

Thanks for your time.

John

(If you were in Boundary Bay on Sunday morning, I was the one with the Lazy 2 year old on my shoulders. Her first word was "crow".)
Nice pic! Very difficult to get one with it showing it's ruby crown, well done!

I think I saw you there...if you're the person I'm thinking of, I'm the guy who asked your daughter if she wanted to carry my scope :)

Randy - Langley

And finally from Iona Beach Park, there were a few[…]

2024 Bird Challenge: Current Bird List

Update for 9 May 2024 ... we are at 158 birds! Woo[…]

Thank you to all who came out to support OWL at ou[…]